Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not recording peak heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 2 since November and at first it read my heart rate during exercises really accurately - primarily running but also machines and classes in the gym. 

Since the software update in January I'm finding that the heart rate accuracy has gotten much worse. When I'm working out & when my heart rate reaches peak level it drops the heart rate reading and I get the "--" until my heart rate drops down to Cardio level. I know my heart rate is above peak and the other machines in the gym confirm it, but my fitbit doesn't record it.

It worked absolutely fine until the software update a few weeks ago. Other people who have the Charge 2 I know have found the same. Tried restarting it and that hasn't done anything. Is there something else I can try or is there a way to fix this?

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

I just got my Fitbit and I'm experiencing the same issue as well. Any new ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

During my workout I reached a max of 194, the display showed it bright and clear. This also coincides with previous measurements on other devices. However, the app only seem to be able to record up to 174. Shouldn’t it record actual heart rate? I have now set my max rate manually. Will this help? Have a brand new Charge 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app only shows the average over a short period of time. I'm not sure of it is one second or 5 seconds. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich

Thanks for your answer. But I was over 174 for many minutes during my workout. Shouldn’t it record this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you looked at the heart rate FAQ yet. 

Another option would be to contact Fitbit and ask them about this period of time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having exactly the same problem. Thought my HR was reading pretty well but on review it seemed to say that I hadn’t gone above 150bpm....I thought this was odd so tryed it the next day along with a HR belt. Fitbit said I hadn’t gone north of 145bpm at an average of 125bpm. HR monitor said 145bpm average with a 185bpm peak - which was much closer given the exercise I was doing. 

Any fixes Fitbit? 

Best Answer

Today I took my first Zumba Strong class because I'm a beast and was looking forward to tracking my numbers on my new Charge 2. During my regular Zumba classes, I would get maybe a HR of 180 at the highest. This more intense class brought my HR way up. I passed 180, then 256, 278, and the highest checking 45 minutes into the class gave me a reading of 302!

I stopped the activity and immediately started a new activity for bodypump. HR was again getting up to 243 half way into the class.

I was so excited to see my numbers after both classes, but was VERY disappointed to see a high of only 156!!!??? Why?

Best Answer

I thought mine was broken.  Was going to bring it back this weekend.  Luckily I found this forum.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, just bought it and hate it because of that.

2 words: programmed obsolescence

i ll just go to thw store get regunded and buy an other brand. If i buy the charge 3 i ll end up with the same problem in a couple years

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 just started doing the same thing. It’s very discouraging to put in so much work for my versa 2 to basically tell me I’m under performing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. Got it in October and was fine. 
  When my HR is saying 170+ on the watch . I get home and the app only records it as cardio! But it says cardio is 158+ 🤷‍:female_sign:

The other annoying thing is that it’s not picking up when Im running anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes