Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking exercise?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I bought my charge 2 a few days ago, and whenever i walked the dog for 15mins or more, it auto recognised that as exercise so when i got home i was able to see all my stats on the app in the exercise section, eg. calories burned, distance, heart rate, steps etc. I've just gone for a walk now, longer than 15 mins so it should have auto recognised it again but it hasnt? Its updated my steps on the main page of the app but hasnt tracked it for exericse?? It was about 45mins up a mountain so it shouldve tracked it. Any ideas why? or how i can make sure it tracks my walk this evening please? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for clarifying this to me @STO3Smiley Very Happy Let's try the following:

• Update your Fitbit app (this is very important when working with SmartTrack)
  • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Exercise tile. This is the tile that says “Track exercise” or if you already tracked an exercise, shows the exercise type and information.
  • Tap the gear icon in the top right corner. Tap the exercise you're looking for and turn off the auto-recognition setting.
  • Log out from the Fitbit app 
  • Force quit the Fitbit app
  • Log back in
  • Turn on the auto-recognition again

Now, go for a walk or a short routine on the treadmill and let me know if SmartTrack recognition is back. Smiley Very Happy

I'll be here!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Hello there @lauraann1991! Suspicious.. Have you had this issue again? If so, I'd recommend restarting your tracker 3 times in a row. Also, do the following:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Exercise tile. This is the tile that says “Track exercise,” or, if you already tracked an exercise, shows the exercise type and information.
  • Tap the gear icon (not the stopwatch) in the top right corner. Tap the exercise you're looking for and turn off the auto-recognition setting.
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App
  • Turn SmartTrack on again

Test your device and let me know if the issue got solved!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have had this problem intermittently for a few weeks. I have had my tracker for about 5 months. I tried all of the steps you suggested but the Exercise still didn't show, so I entered it manually. It was just walking, which usually tracks automatically. Maybe it will work tomorrow, since it's now been reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @STO3, thanks for jumping up here! Woman Very Happy Thanks for trying my suggestions!

Hmm... I was wondering if you're using SmartTrack instead of the shortcuts on your Charge 2? Are the SmartTrack exercises not being shown up on your Fitbit app? 

I'd recommend doing the following:

Note that running old versions of the Fitbit app might cause not data syncing correctly. Give this a shot and let me know if your activities reappear as they should. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think it is the smart track. I let it auto track if I am just walking or on the treadmill. If I do any other exercise then I select the shortcut. I did all of the restart stuff yesterday. Just got back from gym, made sure I did over 30 minutes on treadmill, but doesn't show on Exercise

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for clarifying this to me @STO3Smiley Very Happy Let's try the following:

• Update your Fitbit app (this is very important when working with SmartTrack)
  • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Exercise tile. This is the tile that says “Track exercise” or if you already tracked an exercise, shows the exercise type and information.
  • Tap the gear icon in the top right corner. Tap the exercise you're looking for and turn off the auto-recognition setting.
  • Log out from the Fitbit app 
  • Force quit the Fitbit app
  • Log back in
  • Turn on the auto-recognition again

Now, go for a walk or a short routine on the treadmill and let me know if SmartTrack recognition is back. Smiley Very Happy

I'll be here!

Best Answer
I already did that, but I will try it one more time and let you know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okidoki @STO3Smiley Very Happy Fingers crossed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Today it tracked my walk - yay! Let's hope it continues. Thanks for the tips!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @STO3! I'm glad to hear you're back in business! Smiley Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Don't hesitate to get back here if you need anything else, have a great week!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guys

Experiencing the same problem as some of the others in that my walk is not recording. Am about to follow the instructions given. How do I force quit the Fitbit App. ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue today. It tracked my steps and distance but not the exercise. I reset the info as someone mentioned above and I'll see if tomorrow works.

Best Answer

Thank you Fergiit

I also followed the instructions above and I am up and running now.

FSW

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having an issue with exercise tracking. My Fitbit is picking up the steps and active minutes but not showing the exercise in my app but then I got my stats report email and it said 6 of 5 days of exercise while my app said 3of 5 for last week. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi have you any App updates awaiting acceptance. ?If so run them resynch and compare your dashboard to watch / report.Let me know and if not ill ask asroind.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. I checked I don’t have any updates pending. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This week seems to be working? Not sure what was going on last week 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am constantly having problems with my fitbit not recognizing my exercise.  I already did the turn off out recognition log out and log back in and it still won't do it.

The times it does do it it is still very annoying that i have to do that everytime.

Best Answer

Sorry, tried to do your suggestion for the exercise but did not work.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I have it set for 4 days of exercise, and it seems to skip my second day and only shows 3 days of exercise. Why would it do that? It registers the other days just fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes