Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had a fit but charge 2 for about a week now. Something is wrong with its sleep tracking feature. So far of the 7 nights I've worn the Fitbit it has only tracked sleep for 2 of them. I have seen posts where it was a sensitivity setting messing up the time asleep but mine has no data at all for most days. 

Hopefully someone can asssit with getting this feature working otherwise the Fitbit is getting returned. 

Thanks. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98
Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich_Laue if I were to be volunteer for a products forum. I would have a strong desire to advocate for the product. I would find it difficult to be objective. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

So basically the icon on the Fitbit “face” is greyed our showing as inactive and only when I use the app it actually shows up with the hours... very strange started doing this at the beginning of January...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just checked my exercise history and it also hasn’t recorded my cycling on Friday ... pointless to use it if it doesn’t do what I bought it for. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vivaxx which of the possible two modes did you use to record cycling, and has the tracker synced yet? 

Did cycling show up on Saturday night? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So literally turn it off and on again three times in order for a primary feature to (maybe) work? Modern day equivalent of smack the side of the TV.

I’ve had my fitbit charge 3 for three days. The first two days the sleep tracking seemed close, but last night I fell asleep quickly after going to bed at 11. I woke  up at midnight for a nature call, went back to bed and was quickly asleep and then had another wake up for nature call at 4 AM. Fitbit reports my sleep not starting until 2:30 AM. When it is off by 3 hours on my sleep time, it is hard to believe the REM etc statistics are meaningful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi yeah it’s synced but it doesn’t seem to record all the activities .. I will try to switch it off and on again see what happens thanks !x  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh the mode ? I have selected an exercising then cycling ... is that correct ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted it twice now and the sleep icon is gone now from the watch ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

You mentioned syncing your data may show some of be missing sleep information.  How do I do that

Best Answer
0 Votes

It should happen automatically I think you need to enable the Bluetooth on your phone then just open your app on the phone next to the fit bit.

you will see thin blue line on the top of the phone app loading this is syncing now.

the app will show you everything your fit bit recorded 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Firstly, thank you for you response. Secondly, I do sync every morning with
bluetooth on and the fitbit on my wrist. It still ceases to properly record
my sleep. Last night I went to bed at 10;12 PM and was asleep within 5
minutes. I slept soundly until around 2:00 am, got up, went to the
bathroom, and back to bed and sleep. I got up at 7:50 AM today. My fit bit
claims I dd not sleep until 3:13 AM, which is absolutely and totally
inaccurate. This has been going on ever since I have had my Charge 2 which
is about 3 years.
--
*Ashley*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same for me It is rarely accurate

Sent from my in iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Versa tracks sleep intermittently. One answer says start watch 3 times.

What does this entail.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria, I'm having the same issue.   My Fitbit had not tracked my sleep for the last 2 nights.  In this screen shot,  you will see some sleep tracking,  but the last time was Weds, and today is Friday.  It has always tracked my sleep before.   My Fitbit is 2 1/2 years old.  Has it just worn out?  It is still tracking my steps and calories, but not sleep.  I have all day sync turned on, and I have manually synced several times today.   Please key newe know.  Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my watch (the sense) 5 days ago and had the same issue, I called fitbit before returning the watch and they said to get the detailed reading on the sleep stages you just wear the watch to sleep. Do not press in the app "going to bed" and then wake up and say "I'm awake" functions as this is the reason it does not track your sleep. Also wear the watch 2 fingers from the wrist band. You also have to be asleep for more than 3 hours to get a reading. Hopefully this helps others as I was also looking for answers. 

Best Answer

My versa hasn’t tracked sleep correctly in two months. Fitbit has asked me to do a multitude of fixes and nothing worked. I asked for a replacement watch as I believe this to be a serious fault but they refused. Any tips anyone can give me I will try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Stopped worrying about sleep tracking by Fitbit long back. Its just a gimmick. Happy with only step counting. Have used Blaze / Alta HR / Now Versa 2. Different devices same issue. Alta HR was better tho.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good info.

Thanks for the heads up
--
*Ashley*
Best Answer
0 Votes