Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 2 just died. I’ve only had it one year. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

The only real tool we have to try when our fitbit misbehaves is a restart:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • For Charge 2—press and hold the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
    • For Charge 3—press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If this doesn't kick it back into life then it's probably best to contact customer support via contact.fitbit.com If they can't fix it then they can check your warranty status and advise on your options.

Best Answer

@DiDiX Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 isn't working. Adding to the instructions @SteveH shared you can try cleaning the contacts including using cotton with rubbing alcohol then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this restart your device and see how it behaves.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
I was able to restart it & it’s now working again. Thank you very much for the info.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@DiDiX thank you for your update. Happy to hear that the restart helped you fix the issue and thank you so much for posting this as it may help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes