Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 notifications on/off continuously

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my fitbit started doing things on it's own. It started turning notifications on and off again. Like every 30 seconds going back and forth. And last night it started a meditation. 

Is there an update that I missed. What's going on? This is using up battery in a huge way. And, super duper annoying because it vibrates every single time. Any wisdom?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
127 REPLIES 127

My Charge 2 started going wrong July 2018 when Sleep Stages stopped working. Recently it has been going haywire cycling through all screens and vibrating, displaying all the problems others are experiencing. Battery drain horrendous.

I have tried your suggestions including a reboot but to no avail. 

I thing I'm going to have to scrap it unless some update is forthcoming.

I hope this is not a cynical ploy by Fitbit to force customers to upgrade!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thankyou for your help. 

I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions. 

I have now contacted Fitbit direct and they are sending me a replacement. 

Best Answer

You're welcome @Annie6a thanks for your update. Also, thank you for bringing this to my attention @Oldgreyfox, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums.

@Oldgreyfox I appreciate the time and effort that was spent on your Charge 2 device when you tried the suggestions that were previously posted. I'd like to let you know that our Support team was notified about the difficulties you're currently experiencing with your device to receive further assistance. Please keep an eye to your email for their contact, they'll be contacting you soon.

@Annie6a I'm glad to know that our Customer Support team assisted you based on our warranty policies with a warranty replacement to get you back on track. In the meantime you receive your replacement device, let me know if I can do anything else for you, I'll be here. Smiley Happy

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

RicardoFitbit. 

I have the very same problem with my Charge 2 - which started 5 days ago.  For info, my Fitbit is 1.5 months old - not quite 1.6 months, so a familiar pattern. 

Question:.  Wouldn't you be more effective in solving this problem by speaking with your employer and highlighting this rather 'big' issue and providing all affected with replacement devices - gratis?

Given the cost of the Charge 2 - the fact that the device is considered non-viable / defunct (for whatever technical / design flaw reason) after less than 18 months is unacceptable. The consistent resolution that appears to have been banded about by your Customer Services colleagues i.e. 25% discount off a new Fitbit product, is equally unacceptable and (frankly) crass. 

Please take this up with Fitbit on our behalf and report back to this community.

This would be appreciated. 

Regards, 

Tezzra 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @tezzra welcome to our Community Forums, I'm happy to assist you today with your Charge 2.

Thanks for sharing with me your experience with your Charge 2 device and this notifications concern, I totally understand your point and how frustrating this matter can be for you. Please note that as a Community Moderator I can provide you with troubleshooting steps, answer questions related to Fitbit or contact our Support team on your behalf to receive further assistance directly with them. That said, can you please let me know if the troubleshooting steps that were previously posted were took in consideration? Even though I can't to provide you with a replacement device gratis, I can contact our Support team to review your eligibility for a replacement if necessary, but take in consideration that they refer to our warranty policies to move forward. 

The feedback that was provided in your post is appreciated, this information help us to improve. Let me know if you have any additional questions I'll be here to answer them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ricardo thank you for acting as a moderator. My Charge 2 has gone crazy like a thousand other user's on this and other forums. I have gone through all the suggested 'fixes' and unfortunately there is no respite. Right now my device is constantly flicking between the Notification On and Off screens with occasional forays into the stopwatch. 

With the number of users who are all reporting similar issues, this is clearly not some random act happening and is more likely to be a manufacturing or design defect.

Could you get someone from the FitBit support team to please contact me and see what resolution they might be able to offer?

Many thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo, 

I am having similar issues with my fitbit charge 2, it has become unusable over the last few days as the constant flicking through all the settings makes the battery only last a couple of hours,

I have tried all the different solutions on here but still not working, 

Have you any more solutions or can you let me know how to contact fitbit directly

Thanks in advance 

Gerard 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey GerardI hate to break it to you but they have no resolution, are aware this is an issue and their only response is,  "sorry,  but here's 25% off towards your purchase of a new one".  Mind you,  this is my THIRD fitbit that has had issues right about the 1yr mark. They  do NOT care about actually providing a quality product to their consumer. REALLY disappointing!

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel that we the consumers should take this to the media and see what
Fitbit makers have to say about not standing behind their products
Best Answer
I had the same issue and contacted Fitbit direct and they are sending me a replacement.
I haven’t received it yet but got notification on Wednesday that it has been dispatched.
Best Answer
Was ur fitbit under the one year warranty? Mine tend to have issues right after the 1 year n before 18 months

Best Answer
0 Votes

Who did you contact to get a new one.  When I contacted customer support all they were willing to is give me 25% off a new Fitbit.  Since mine was a year and 5 months old.  But I have now taken it to Facebook and see what people have to say on the subject.  I feel the company should either give refunds or a new Fitbit for the price they charge.  They aren’t fixable like most watches are.  Most watches last much longer then 18 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too! This last one was under 18 mo old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No mine went at 17 months no warranty after a year.  For the price of these and their not fixable.  Shame on the company 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was about 17 months too! This is my 3rd one to crap out. I agree, these things cost way too much to not last. Now I'm shopping for a new brand that is better quality. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit support through the App and i am happy to say they last
week replaced my unit free of charge. They gave an option of a 50% discount
or replacement. I chose the latter.
I was lucky that my unit was just less than 2 years old (warranty period)
and I had previously been communicating with them about the fact my Sleep
Stages had stopped working 10 months ago which wasn't resolved to my
satisfaction.
I had to provide a photo of the unit and provide proof of purchase (I still
had the box with a technical label on it).
Fitbit have assured me the problem has been escalated to higher technical
levels for analysis.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I can also confirm that with similar sort of provision of proof of purchase, ownership and issues I was offered a new Charge 2, or 50% off on any of the other models.

I chose to buy a Charge 3 at 50% cost.

The support team, were very good and I received my new Charge 3 yesterday.

My learnings from all this:
1. Buy from a proper store even if it might be slightly more expensive than some of the pieces on eBay or the like.
2. Retain proof of purchases for however long it takes.
3. Retain original packaging whenever possible.
4. Register your devices (whatever they are) as soon as you buy them. There is a feeling that Big Brother might be monitoring us, but personally I know that I got this level of support because the company had all the registry details.

Some of the earlier posts spoke about not being under warranty at 17 months etc. I find that a bit strange because my Charge 2 warranty was for 24 months, as is the warranty for the new Charge 3. Please check your purchase dates and contact the Fitbit support numbers in your countries. For the U.K. it is:

Get Support
Live Chat. Start a chat with us now.
Call Us. 0800 069 8505. Monday - Friday 8:00am - 7:00pm Saturday- Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm.
Fitbit Community. Find answers right now.
@FitbitSupport. Send us a direct message.
Email Us. Estimated reply time: 2 days.
Female Health Tracking.
Fitbit Troubleshooting. DIY and get back on track.
Good Luck All.
Best Answer
It’s about 18 months old.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again! I'm happy to continue providing assistance with your Fitbit devices, my apologies for the delay in responding. A warm welcome to our Community Forums @GERARDF. It's nice to see you again participating in this thread, welcome back @ReubenP1007  @Jenaifinn @freekeewinkie @Annie6a @Oldgreyfox and @ReubenP1007.

@ReubenP1007 You're welcome, my only intention is to resolve your concern. I'd like to appreciate your patience with this situation. Our Support team informed me that they already provided you with assistance regarding the situation you experienced with your Charge 2, therefore, I recommend you to keep an eye to your email for any update from them. Same for you @GERARDF, don't hesitate to contact me back if both of you have any additional questions or if I can assist with anything else.

@Jenaifinn @freekeewinkie The feedback that was provided in your posts are greatly appreciated, such information help us to improve. As per previously mentioned, I recommend to both of you get in touch with our Support team if more information and details regarding our warranty policies is needed.

@Annie6a @ReubenP1007 @Oldgreyfox I'm happy to know that your concerns were resolved with our Customer Support team with the options that were provided based on our warranty policies! Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope the higher technical people figure this out. Mine started the scrolling problem 2 says ago. 1st night I just recharged. last night I restarted multiple times. Today I took it off while it was scrolling and cleaned it thoroughly. I only lost 40% battery  today but caught it scrolling multiple times. Step count feels correct. It has never read text messages to me or given me phone #'s, I really miss that from my old alta. I may have come across this fix today, fingers crossed, nothing worked yet. Fairly certain I have original packaging. Doubtful my mother saved a receipt from Xmas over a year ago. Hopefull there is a solution! 

Best Answer
0 Votes