Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 notifications on/off continuously

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my fitbit started doing things on it's own. It started turning notifications on and off again. Like every 30 seconds going back and forth. And last night it started a meditation. 

Is there an update that I missed. What's going on? This is using up battery in a huge way. And, super duper annoying because it vibrates every single time. Any wisdom?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
127 REPLIES 127
I just contacted Fitbit direct and told them about this problem and they offered to send me a new one the same as I have or 50%off a newer version
I opted for the same and it arrived in the post a week later. I did not have the original Packaging or receipt. I just had to take a photo of it. I had had it about 18 months.
I was very impressed with this service.
Best Answer

Hello! I'm happy to continue providing assistance with your devices, my apologies for the delay in responding your posts. Welcome to the Community Forums @HICAndrew, your update is appreciated @Annie6a.

@HICAndrew Thank you for sharing with me all the details that were posted. To better assist you, can you please provide me with more information about the scrolling situation? Is your Charge 2 randomly swiping? Regarding the notifications concern, I recommend you to take in consideration the previous posts that were shared on this thread and let me know how it goes. Also, please let me know which mobile device you're currently using. I'll be looking to you reply.

@Annie6a It's nice to see that you're satisfied with the service provided by our Customer Support team and that they provided you with a replacement device to get you back on track. I'll be here if you need anything else. Smiley Very Happy

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
After all this time I finally gave upon it and bought a newer model....

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sandy55 thanks for your reply and update. My apologies for the delay in responding.

Thanks for letting me know that your purchased a newer model. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else of require further assistance, I'll be here. I want to suggest you to visit our discussion forums and participate. There are several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating, better sleep, among others. I'm sure that they will be happy to meet you there.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If Fitbit was offering the opportunity to get a upgraded model for 50 percent off I would like to do that. I never received it

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply and update @Sandy55, it's a pleasure to continue assisting you.

Please note that each case is different, therefore, I cannot ensure you that a 50% discount offer will be provided to you. If you purchased your new Fitbit directly with us, I recommend you to get in touch with our Customer Support team for more information and details but first check our warranty policies here

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this (my Fitbit started doing the notifications thing about 3am) and still won’t work.

if I hold the button in it behaves like normal - though I’m sure you’ll agree this is not a sustainable workaround:/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing the exact same thing. Tried the log off/restart, etc. and nothing. Continues doing the same thing and today it flat out died. According to my app it is fully charged. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just put mine on the charger until I can figure out if it is salvageable.
It behaves ok on the charger.
Best Answer
Same. Behaves on the charge and dead when I take it off 😕

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was the same. Go on fitbit.com and explain and they will replace it.
Best Answer

I'll add my name to this list of misbehaving fitbits as well. Started at 3am on monday morning, sent an email to fitbit support but not heard anything back yet. 

Its a bit disappointing to go through 2 straps and now this on a £130 product, would expect to get more than 18 months from it. If there's no replacement option from fitbit then I doubt very much I'd consider purchasing a replacement fitbit and look to another brand.

Best Answer

Agreed! This is my 3rd one and when they take a dump, always just out of warranty conveniently,  fitbit just offers 25% of a new one! These things are way too expensive to not last longer than 18 months! It's disappointing because i really liked the products and the app is so easy to use,  but it looks like I'm going to have to figure something else out since fitbit doesn't care about actually addressing the issue or customer satisfaction.  Good luck to you! Maybe you'll have better luck than the rest of us on this thread (well except for the one person I've seen so far, where they actually did replace hers).

Best Answer

@RicardoFitbit Yes, support did reach out to me... with the same horrible offer as the previous times for my other fitbit products that have had issues...25% off a new fitbit. After 3 failed products, why would i want to dump more of my money into a product if the company obviously doesn't care about its quality or dependability? As I've said before, its disappointing because i really loved the products and used to recommend them to my friends, but based on my experiences now,  that isn't the case anymore.

Best Answer

There have been continued posts about the same problem I am having with my Charge 2 FitBit on this thread. Obviously, this is a defect. When you contact customer service, they CANNOT help you but will offer you a 25% off to purchase another one. They do NOT seem to sell the Charge 2 anymore but there are other options. Return policy seems to be short as well as life of FitBit. 

Best Answer
I got a replacement charge 2.
I thought that was amazing.
Best Answer
They replaced mine straight away. So although I was disappointed that this had happened. I was impressed that they replaced it outside of warranty.
Best Answer

Support have replied to me now, no indication yet of what the end result will be just going back and forward for them to confirm the details. 

Aa daft as it sounds I miss having it on my wrist, hopefully we can come to a solution. Otherwise Prime Day next week might be very well timed!

Best Answer
0 Votes
They don’t seem to be consistent about replacement. Mine was not replaced.
Also they really should investigate this and create a fix. This is pretty
consistently happening to folks at 3 am.
Best Answer

My wife’s Charge 2 has just started with the dreaded Notifications on an off routine, a week or so after it was having issues reading heart rate.  Add this to the list please.  Who do I contact in the UK?

Best Answer
0 Votes