Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 notifications on/off continuously

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my fitbit started doing things on it's own. It started turning notifications on and off again. Like every 30 seconds going back and forth. And last night it started a meditation. 

Is there an update that I missed. What's going on? This is using up battery in a huge way. And, super duper annoying because it vibrates every single time. Any wisdom?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' great today! 

This inconvenience is indeed, very odd. For those of you who haven't, I'd like you to tell me if you already tried the instructions that my friend @MarreFitbit posted above and let me know if they work: 

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (Android 2.74. iOS 2.53)
  • Restart your Charge 2
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon >  your device image.
  • Tap Notifications.
  • Turn off all notifications
  • Restart your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on
  • Sync your Charge 2

Let me know how it goes 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner, hope you're doing great today! Smiley Very Happy Hmmm.... this is very strange my friend. Are you still having this issue?

If so, I'd recommend trying the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (Android 2.72.1 and iOS 2.51)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

If the issue persists, try to refresh notifications and try again the quick reply feature. 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon >  your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Turn off all notifications
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have auto updates for the app, but logged out and back in again. It was still doing random things yesterday and started turning on the stopwatch feature and randomly turning on meditation again. I will try restarting everything again today. However, I took it off to sleep last night because of the issues and did not want to be woken all night with the vibrations. It was laying on a counter until just now and somehow during that time, it worked out for 12 minutes at a high cardio rate. And when I picked it up to put on, HR was at 112.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure thing @SunsetRunner! I'll keep an eye on you, hope to hear good news during the day. 

Thanks for trying the suggestions, tag me anytime! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I really appreciate your help and troubleshooting tips. As of today, it did not record anything after I restarted yesterday so I only had 180 steps and no sleep recorded, and the alarm, (which I turned off a long time ago), went off this morning as well. I feel like this one may be on it's last leg. I restarted again this morning, so I will keep checking on it for another day or so before calling it actually dead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following my suggestions @SunsetRunner! Woman Very Happy Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

I am having this same issue...it started the other day and I couldn’t get it to stop so I’ve let it die and I have not charged it since. I hope there is a solution because I haven’t had it long enough to be dead for the amount I paid!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, it's nice to see a new member around @Tbooth411! Have you tried what I posted above?

I was also wondering if you've been having difficulties charging your Charge 2? If so, have you checked if the contacts on your tracker or charging cable are not dirty? Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Try cleaning them by following these instructions.

I wonder, where do you charger your tracker? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

Last but not least, check the alignment and try reconnecting your tracker to the charging cable. See my image below:

User-added image

If after following those tips and recommendations you keep having difficulty when charging your tracker, try restarting your Charge 2.

I'll be around, keep me in the loop! 

Best Answer

Hello,

Yes I have tried all of the above and it’s still all haywire 😞 It’s been charging fine with no issues so it’s definitely not the charger and I have tried restarting my Fitbit a few times now. 

Tara 

Best Answer

Thanks for the details shared @Tbooth411I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! Cat Embarassed

Best Answer

Mine is doing no the same thing...start d 4 July and it kills the battery 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s so weird! Mine has been doing it now for almost 2 weeks and I’ve tried everything. I can’t use it at all so I guess it’s garbage 😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m glad I’m not the only one....it also would not sync with the app....annoying

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Very annoying. Too expensive of an item to last me only a year and a half. Wish there was a solution 😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also started this on July 4. I called the Help and after lots of troubleshooting, the Fitbit is being replaced since it's only 7 months old. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad your getting your money back...$200 down the drain for me 😞 oh well

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How can multiple people be having the same on/off notification issue at the same time.

Best Answer
Ya exactly! Seems weird that many people are having this same issue but they (Fitbit) don’t have a solution on how to fix the problem!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

That’s crazy! If I were you I wouldn't wait for the next firmware update and I would go get your refund...chances are if you have had this problem once you will have it again and it’s not something that they can troubleshoot. Just my opinion...wish I was under the year so I could get mine back!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading the countless issues plagueing the Charge 2 on here, I took your advice and returned it. Getting a Vivosmart 3 instead. Today I read that the Fitbit Android app is gouging mobile data like mad. Glad to have had the opportunity to opt out of Fitbit, but I feel for those who've dropped coin on them.

Best Answer
0 Votes