Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 on family account?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I recently upgraded to the Versa and handed my Charge 2 down to my daughter. Is there a way to connect the charge 2 to the family account? It doesn't seem ok that only the Ace should be accepted?
Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @tlwilson1

The Family Account was designed for children not old enough to have a regular adult account. Ages for that are 13 in the US and 16 in some of the European countries. It's why the Ace allows for children as young as eight to join in the Fitbit lifestyle with an adult who monitors their activity.

Why not get your daughter the Ace now and find another family member or friend to use the Charge 2 ? That way, one more person would benefit and your family account would be larger. Or wait until your girl is old enough to get an adult account on her own to use the Charge 2.

It's great she's interested in doing this with you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@tlwilson1 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Thank you for your interest in using the Charge 2 with a family account. As @Odyssey13 explained currently only the Ace is able to be used by children in the family account but you can vote for the idea in our Feature suggestions board. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it. 

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Is the Ace still the only tracker you can use under family account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RochelleP 

The Ace and the Ace 2 are the only devices for children. After the age of 13, they can have an adult account.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes