Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 replacement battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ok my Charge 2 has died i have tried everything under the sun  clean it change chargers restart nothing so pissed bought after Christmas so is the battery screwed and can i get replacement

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

Welcome to the forums!

The battery can not be replaced. Please contact support and see what they can do for you

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Angelseaspray Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! There are some instances in which the screen wont turn on since the battery has been completely drained but if you plug the tracker for a couple of hours it should turn on. If this isn't happening and after trying everything in your post you are still having issues then please do contact our Support team like @WendyB suggested.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

My Charge 2 just stopped working all together last night for no reason.  Tried charging and cleaning. I'm curious if you ever talked to customer support and what their answer was?

Best Answer

@MarGrenda It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Thank you for following my previous suggestions. In your case you can try the restart on your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Keep me posted!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I attempted everything to get this Charge  2 up and running; I also went through Fitbit support. In the end, nothing worked and I received a free replacement tracker! They were very prompt too! Thanks for your reply

Best Answer

@MarGrenda sorry to hear that the tracker couldn't be revived but really happy to hear that you are getting a replacement from our Support team! If you have the time feel free to check our Community's discussion area where you can find friends to compete withhealthy meals recipes and tips for your daily activity.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery on my tracker seems to be draining alot faster now than when I first bought it. I'm needing to charge it alot more often. Is that an indication that the battery is dying and I may have an issue in the near future? Thank you.

Best Answer
I would say yes, as it seemed like I always had to charge mine too before it died completely.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@mrose177 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Try the suggestions on my previous post. If you still have issues then please contact our Support team like @MarGrenda did and hopefully they will be able to resolve your issue.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I've had a similar issue lately. Starting nearly a month ago my Fitbit has just been dying abnormally fast. It was rather normal at lasting 4 to 5 days then one of the times it died after 3 days and did that the next couple times I charged. After letting it sit for a week in hopes of it just fixing itself after being left alone I charged it to nearly 100%. After not even a day and a half I have now gotten the low battery warning an my fitbit is already at 25%. Is anyone else having a similar issue where their fitbit just begins to die super fast instead of lasting the near full week that it should?

Best Answer

My fitbit battery doesn't seem to hold a charge as long as in the past. It is less than one year old. Is this another Apple battery glitch?  Can I fix it?  Joy

Best Answer

Letting a lithium battery sit for any length of time while dead will just destroy the battery more. 

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit about my Charge 2 which is a little over a year old. The display has become so dim that’s unreadable. In the past, Fitbit has always been great about providing replacement devices. This time, they would not do so and only offered to provide a 25% discount at Fitbit website.  

I hate to say it, but this may be the motivation I need to push me to an Apple Watch.

Best Answer
Sorry to hear that. They really worked with me to get my Charge to work and then eventually replace it. Hope this doesn't become their standard way of doing business.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I fear mine died yesterday too.

Like other have posted, my battery life has been getting shorter over the past few months. I thought I heard/read it was due to a bug in a recent update so didn’t think much of it, other than charge every few days. 

It was completely dead last night when I went to bed so I charged it all night. 

I put it on this morning and it indicated it was 100% charged. By the time I got to work, it was down to 9% and dead by about 10am ... less than 3 hours. 

Wife got it it for me Thanksgiving 2016, so less than 17 months of use. 

Id expect the battery to have a longer life. 

Best Answer

@Bobby_D70 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry to hear that your tracker isn't keeping a charge. Have you tried the suggestions on my previous posts? Still I suggest you let Support know what happened to see if they can do anything for you. I noticed that you have opened a ticket with them so I wanted to know if they were able to help you?

I look forward to your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response. I did try suggestions to clean off the connectors - no luck holding the charge. 

I did did reach out to support and they were not able to fix so it looks like I will be replacing. And since I’ve had it over a year, not under warranty. 

Kind of debating if/what to replace with. 

Best Answer
They replaced my Fitbit for me, free of charge

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

They never reached back out to me after the 25% off offer. Right now, I’m working an iPhone for steps and a $15 digital watch for time. Still haven’t decided what I’m going to do, but probably not a Fitbit, I guess.

Best Answer