Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588

Most people within the year warranty get replacement it is those of us who
at 13 months when damage occurred that get no support or replacement
offer. Happy it worked for you this time around

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great! Fitbit does have very good customer service if the device is under
12 months. I had a device replaced myself a few years back.

Unfortunately for many, this time has passed and we can't get a
replacement. It's a shame Fitbit won't do anything about this
unquestionable design flaw.

Happy tracking!! 😊

~Gwynn
Best Answer
0 Votes
It has not worked for me.  I keep telling them it is not a warranty issue but a company that should stand behind their Charge 2.  It was manufactured with a flaw in svreen

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Purchased my Fitbit charge 2 from John Lewis end of March 2018 noticed a split in my screen from top to bottom John Lewsi exchanged no problem said there was a design fault which the heat made the split worse.  I have now purchased extra cover should this happen again.  Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
Where did you purchase just the cover? And how does the cover come off? That’s what I was looking for when I stumbled upon this thread.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry By cover I meant insurance cover should my screen crack again. Insurance was through John Lewis and was £10.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not purchase just the cover I was looking to find tha solution.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
The solution can only be fixed by Fit BitRe-toolimg Charge 2.  It is flawed. First, Fit Bit must admit they have a problem which they have not done.  Then replace the flawed Charge 2.  This would cut into Their almighty profit margin.   Enough said.  

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I'm posting here to add to the number of users experiencing this issue. My wife and I have both had the Charge 2 since June 2017 and both of our screens cracked in the last couple of weeks - 13 months after purchase. I contacted support to see if they would replace the broken units, but they wouldn't budge, only offering the discount certificates for both me and my wife. It's a shame Fitbit won't step up and own this issue and offer an extended warranty period because of their manufacturing defect. They've most likely lost 2 more customers even though we have liked the devices and the app.

Best Answer

Yes, it is sad because you work for a company without a conscience.  If they don't care about the customers, which is where the revenue comes from, do you think they care about their employees, which cost them $?  Why don't you join Apple or Garmin or some other company that cares about quality and customer service.  Vote with you feet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading all of these comments, I was ready for a battle.  I contacted customer support today regarding my cracked screen via the online chat option.  I bought my Charge 2 on Amazon, just short of a year ago.  The agent that I chatted with was super helpful, had me send him a photo of my device and a handwritten note with the case #.  He promptly responded by saying that I am eligible for a replacement and emailed me a link to order.  3 minutes later, my replacement order has been placed and I should receive my new Fitbit in 5-7 business days.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is very encouraging. Can you share with me the number you called?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did an online chat using the link on the customer service page.

https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Figure out how many people have Charge 2s and assume 95% of them are not buying another FitBit  product out of disgust for your faulty products and customer contempt.  Then think of your stock price and the future of your company.  You get what you deserve, especially when  you have competitition in the marketplace.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Geeze Chris we get you’re upset but we can’t see the posts you’re replying to and you’re not coming off much better than Fitbit on this thread.

You and everyone who has helped fight this battle has clearly made a difference. Sometimes our battles are fought but others benefit. Like all the historical predecessors that ensured you have cleaner air and water. Would I like a 2 year warranty? Absolutely! But even large appliances seldom provide that and they cost a LOT more than $150. AND “YES! Everyone who did NOT get a FULL replacement within the one year warranty deserves it and should fight for it again — it appears Fitbit May make that right!” (Or countries with 2 year warranty)

My Charge 2 is just over a year old and so far no problem. I’m waiting to see if I hit the dreaded “just out of warranty” breakage. IF I do I’ll post it and it’s true I won’t likely buy another if they won’t replace it. I do expect at least 2 years out of it. It’s an AWESOME device and I’ll miss it if it dies.
Best Answer

Thanks for the advice.   I appreciate it.   I guess they're deleting all the posts I'm responding to.  Yeah, I'm a bit mad, but nicer is better.   Keep on being cool, it steers all of us in the right direction.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you buy the screen protector?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit isn’t even 10 months old unfortunately I can’t find my receipt so I can’t prove when I got it so I’m stuck with the cracked screen.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

They did not ask me for my receipt.  They simply asked where I got it (Amazon), the email associated with my account, and what country I reside in.  They then asked for a photo of the damage with a handwritten note with the case #.  

Best Answer
0 Votes