Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588
Fitbit techs will help you. Go on the site and find the computer chat support.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Remove the old fit bit from your app and add the new one
Best Answer
0 Votes

Both mine and my husband’s have gone the same. Very disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, so sad. I saw a Charge3 for sale when Xmas shopping, and while my 2 is still functioning despite some cracking, I know I just don’t have it in me to buy the 3 after hearing they’re cracking too!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh, good to know. I was thinking about a Charge 3, but won’t waste my money. Maybe I’ll try a Garmin

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 cracked over a year ago and I  got them to change it just before the year was up (not an easy process). Continued to use the old one until very recently. It still works fine. Seems to be purely a cosmetic issue not affecting functionality.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree that it still functions but who wants to pay all that money for something with such a short life span. I’ve returned my to Amazon for a refund. Had too many Fitbits which have either had broken straps, chargers or now screens. Will be buying no more.

From my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
After the multiple ones we have owned and they have all had issues, no more Fitbits for me.

Just ensure you buy one which you can buy new straps.

>From my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Think I read google bought Fitbit just as we’re all deciding to never buy again. Eventually quality may improve but who wants to risk it?!!
Best Answer
Would be nice to hear from Fitbit the percent of units that suffer from
this issue then we could make an informed decision. 🙂 Personally I love
my Fitbit cracks or no cracks. I've also had to replace a strap but the
after-market provides plenty of choice and changing the strap is a snap
(literally).
Regards / Derm
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well Derm, some of us have higher requirements for items we’ve spent our hard earned cash on. We actually expect a $150 item to last, you know, over a year — much less those whose have cracked up under a year. Why would they post those figures even if they had them? Not in any company’s interest to post their failures. But if you’re happy and don’t mind then bless your soul. I’m sure the humans in your life appreciate your forgiving nature..... Have a good life...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Chill, honey!

Regards /Derm
Best Answer
0 Votes

Chill, honey 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
🥶. 😚
Best Answer
0 Votes

2 - I + 2 = T

(Two screen cracks minus Impact plus two broken bands = Return to (the old reliable) Timex)

Best Answer

I too have had this issue. I don't wear it out much for fear of losing it since  the wrist band had broken two times. But one day I decided to wear it out and there was a deep gash. I do very little physical activity in it so I am not sure how it happened.  my theory is that it's temperature related.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this happened to both of mine and my friend had the same issue I decided that perhaps it was heat that caused it to split, in all fairness it was replaced the first time but was out of warranty when it split again. so just replaced it 3 weeks ago with a versa lite which wont sync because of a recent update on it so so so upset.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The whole thing just stinks. They say they are unaware of problems but that is BS. It’s all over this site. Thanks for reply 😁

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

They are totally aware of the cracking and just want us to put more money into their company with the small discount they offer instead of correcting a defective product. After 2 HR Charges cracking for no apparent reason, I moved on to an Apple Watch. The fitness part has taken me a while to get used to and I definitely miss the sleep tracking. But there are so many other benefits of the Apple Watch syncing with my phone and iPad. No more FitBit products for me. 

Best Answer

I did exactly the same and gave up with Fitbits after 2 cracked.  I agree the fitness tracking takes a while to get used to and it is annoying that it doesn't always automatically recognise when you are exercising.  

Best Answer
0 Votes