Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588

I see that the new Charge 3 is in Preorder now. Has the cracked screen issue been fixed with the new Charge 3? I might be willing to buy one, “IF” Fitbit has addressed this issue, or fixed it, or has made a special provision for this type of cracked screen problem within the warranty.

I do love my Charge 2, and Fitbit over all. I believe you make one the top tracker in “tracker world”. However, due to the cracked screen issue, I wish Fitbit would provide some type of “trade in” program with some type of discount towards the new Charge 3. After all, my Charge 2 isn’t that old. I don’t want to be stuck with 2.

Fitbit could really stem the tide of negative press/opinions out there. BTW, people aren’t just bashing you on the Fitbit site. This issue has gone next to viral on a number of Blogs and web sites. It saddens me as I am a long time Fitbit fan and customer.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re right, I am. I have a cracked screen as well. I’m at the point that for me, it is pointless to keep posting about this. Fitbit should have seen enough. I just pick my battles. This battle, I believe will not be won by the consumers. That is a shame. I do share your feelings regarding the quality of this specific though.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Respectfully can you tell me how to remove me from this post? I think you have the message, I cannot take the email volume. I like your product allot, do the right thing here for customers and shareholders.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

same happened to me, it was fine, one second later, completely broken in two pieces; still works, but do not know where, how, to repair...

Best Answer

Hi everyone. If you are still having issues with your Charge 2 screen please feel free to contact our Support team for further assistance. Also note that Support is bound to follow Fitbit's warranty policie and the limitations listed there. @Earth-Angelz and @Ralb you both will get an email from Support to further assist you in this issue.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My reply to Fitbit support regarding their suggestion about how to handle my Charge 2 cracked screen..

Hello,

I think that Fitbit has been clear. Though you acknowledge that I had an issue with my Charge 2 (cracked screen) you would prefer that I purchase my next tracker from Apple instead of providing me with a discount to purchase another Fitbit that I would want (the discount Fitbit offered only applied to a limited set of trackers that I do not want).

I am disappointed and a bit surprised but I understand that it is up to Fitbit whether they want to try to maintain their customers or encourage them to try their competitor’s products.

Result: I am off to try a competitive product..

Best Answer

Agreed cnich911 purchasing the new samsung galaxy watch. 

Quality, support and care is just not with fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen cracked down the middle, top to bottom, while I was on holiday in Greece last week. Seems to be an issue with cracks appearing in hot weather. It was 33c at the time. Many people on here have had this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Rooba
Yeah we know Sweetie. Get your warranty claim in right away if you’re still in the warranty period in your country. People on this thread have fought for you so they may cover it. Otherwise beyond warranty you’re out of luck they don’t honor it as a defect any further.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have to say I'm quite impressed with Fitbit customer service. Had to send pics showing crack and they've agreed to replace tracker. Seem if you live in EU area you get 2 year warranty. Well done to all people on forums who highlighted this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmm, I’m in the EU and within 1 yr of purchase and they refuse to replace mine. Seems inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@heatherp1 wrote:
Hmm, I’m in the EU and within 1 yr of purchase and they refuse to replace mine. Seems inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone

Warranty conditions say 2 years in EEA (European Economic Area). Try quoting that to Fitbit and insist they honour warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did point this out to them and then they came back with this:

“Upon further investigation, your tracker is still within our 2 year warranty. However, upon carefully reviewing the photo you've provided, we've concluded that the crack is not a manufacturing defect which our warranty policies are only limited to.”

Which implies I have damaged it (I have not).

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That does seem unfair. They rejected my first photo as crack not clear in low-res picture. Had to use better camera and fiddle with lighting to make it more visible. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Thanks- I’ll try again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' great! 

I can see that most of you in here are having issues with the screen of your Charge 2 since is cracked. Let me tell you guys that, there are some environmental conditions that you have to take into consideration to make your Charge 2 last longer, as follows: 

• Operating Temperature 14° to 113° F (-10° to 45° C)
  • Non-operating Temperature -4° to 140° F (-20° to 60° C)
  • Water Resistant Splash proof. Do not shower with the device or submerge it in water.
  • Maximum Operating Altitude 30,000 feet (10,000 m)

Now, when you are taking good care of your devices, and these issues still occurring, if your Charge 2 is under warranty, there are options to get you back on track and as I can see, most of you already get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. 

Please note that our team is always working in improve the quality of our products to make them last longer and offer one of the best fitness experiences for our users.

Keep me posted if you have further questions or comments! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Quite frankly in my opinion you rushed this to market. Just replace free of charge any cracked screen one time brother. You will have a loyal following forever! I really never want to buy another apple product. Your device rocks. Do the right thing. BTW i am watching your stock tank and it is short selling. I think this is not helping you in that place either.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Unfortunately, my tracker was well cared for..crack started within the first year and worsened until it became almost unusable. Contacted support and was offered a discount on same type of tracker …given the known issues with it I didn't want to waste more $. Was willing to give Fitbit another shot and invest in the new Charge (supposedly better screen) if discounted but was told by support that was not an option…leaving me with no other option but to leave Fitbit..”bad support policy = lost customer” Too bad. I was rooting for you guys.
Best Answer
Moderator, please let me know how to stop getting these email.
Best Answer
0 Votes