Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen keeps cracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Im Furious!

DO NOT BUY FITBIT - Particularly the Charge 2

My screen broke twice in just over a year - the first time they sent me a new one because they confirmed that should not have happened. The second time was only 4 1/2 months after I started using the brand new one and the screen cracked again.  I am not very athletic and it was not dropped nor did anything happen to it that could possibly explain the crack.  
​As far as I am concerned the life of the screen is only 4-6 months which is untenable and it is not a functional product with such a short life span for the screen.

If anyone else has had this issue I urge you to make it public - we deserve a better product and they need to held accountable.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

@staceyalissa Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Charge 2 screen broke. I really understand how frustrating this can be for you and I appreciate your comments and feedback about this. I would like to follow up and would like to know if you have contacted our Support team regarding this issue. If not, I'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the club. Screen cracks 2 watch straps breaking 4. Happy customer?

Best Answer

Same problem here. The first time it broke in my sleep. I woke up and a crack was there. Impossible that I hit anything with my left hand in a king size bed where I sleep right. With some discussion, it was replaced by customer service as a one time allowance. Second time a few weeks ago, in Phoenix. Fine one second, next time I glanced - cracked. Googled and googled and found maybe it was the heat? Feel just like you - it should last longer. In my case it at least lasted a year. It’s ridiculous. I am wearing it cracked and trying to find any other activity tracker that doesn’t just work in the warranty period. 

Best Answer

I bought a protective cover for my back up 2nd Charge 2, but I've had no problems with mine cracking and I've had mine since Mothers Day of 2017. I'm sorry about yours cracking that is pretty odd. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont understand why the quality of screen is so cheap. I love the product except i have one ho bad every 4 to 6 months. I think i am ready for new i watch as much as i dont like the charging part. Ineven bought square trade warranty but they would tell

me that its screen is damaged. All i do is run on treadmill. Looks like fitbit is into making money by having people replace their fitbit every now so often. How can you guys not make from gorilla glass or something. It gets scratches and cracks with normal usage. Piece of crap.

Best Answer

I had the same experience. Thought when saw the first crack that it was my fault. Second crack  I know wasn’t my fault. Just yesterday my husband has a crack in his Charge 2 also!! Disappointed. Don’t dare get it wet! We all deserve a new and improved one or a refund!

Best Answer

I have now had two replaced. As you say no reason for damage, not dropped, abused or used inappropriately. I intend returning the last one and getting a refund. All Fitbit do is offer you a replacement or 50% off another model. I have said I do not trust it now. At over £100 it is not good enough. 

Best Answer

Bought my charge2 in June 2018 after the bands on 2 other chargeHR broke.this is my 4th fifbit in 4 years my first one would never sync.just got off the phone with Fitbit and they acted like I shouldn't have been out in the sun with it on,that suntan lotion & the heat could have cracked it,they were offering me 25 percent off,reslly  it's not even 3 months old!!! I am really upset that they pick & choose who's Fitbit to replace.

Best Answer
Hi
I think the sun had a lot to do with my screen cracking too.I am intending to take my original one back for a refund from John Lewis. I will say they should no longer stock this item.
I have had to accept a third one but will it last the winter???
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks,I got mine from Costco but funny thing they have none in stock,like I said before I just bought this one in June.I feel Fitbit just doesn't care about the consumer it's all about making money!!!

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer

My screen after 6 months. I'm not playing contact sports and I don't wear it to sleep. It was the middle of summer so I thought maybe the heat? Fitbit replaced it no problem but I just noticed a crack in the same position 6 months later. It's mid winter so not the heat then? What a hassle! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I really love the Fitbit product,but not in love with how they back your product! After reading about scratches or cracks on everyone's fitbits I now know the secret,you have to buy a protective cover....not sure why they don't sell them!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
They assured me the new ones were more robust. John Lewis reimbursed me and I have continued to use the second cracked fitbit. I told JL if they knew the goods were not fit for purpose why did they keep selling them. The response was 'Customers keep buying them.' It is quite  amoral! Good luck with it.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngelaMarieW Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you have had with your replacement Charge 2's screen. 

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox for next steps.

@Kiekie1 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your input on this thread and your suggestion about screen protectors.

I was checking the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find this idea which was asking about the same. However, it was marked as "Not Currently Planned".

@Joycespeed Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for sharing your experience on this thread. Feel free to contact customer support back to get a follow up on this.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not really odd. Our whole family wears one, all cracked without trauma. Glad yours hasn’t. 

Best Answer
Oh I have several cracks on my fit bit,and it started 2 months after I bought it! All they offered was 25% off my next purchase! And they had the nerve to say I shouldn't wear it out to the beach.

Best Answer

This has happened to me as well with my Charge 2.  The first cracked (lengthwise hairline crack) after a year. I googled, and read suggestions that I contact Fitibit.  I did.  They replaced it (probably with a refurbished unit?  not sure). I continued using the cracked one a while longer until the crack enlarged, then I switched to the replacement.  After four months, the same thing happened - overnight, a hairline crack appeared.  I'm not willing to keep buying new units, so I am using this one with the crack. It doesn't impair the performance, but it makes it hard to read at certain angles.  I am now debating about a new tracker.  I like the features and price point of the Inspire, but am worried about that screen cracking quickly as well. Any experience with the Inspire?  Very frustrating because I love the product and tracking features.

Best Answer
Hi. I am doing exactly what you have done. Using the old cracked one, but I know the new replacement will crack when I start using it. I have looked at alternatives and as I love the information the Fitbit gives me I will soon have to make a decision. Paying £300 may be the answer but do I need all those features? I have had a full refund and a replacement so I am not out of pocket, however I think it is morally wrong to keep selling a product with such a flaw! Rant over!Good luck if you choose an Inspire. 
Regards Adele 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I've had experience with a couple different models, but mostly the charge 2 and different aspects have failed on all of them (band issues, screen issues, battery suddenly quitting).  Fitbits products are cheaply made and they rely on gouging their customers year after year to stay in business.  If you're looking at replacing I would go to a different brand altogether. 

Best Answer