Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen keeps cracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Im Furious!

DO NOT BUY FITBIT - Particularly the Charge 2

My screen broke twice in just over a year - the first time they sent me a new one because they confirmed that should not have happened. The second time was only 4 1/2 months after I started using the brand new one and the screen cracked again.  I am not very athletic and it was not dropped nor did anything happen to it that could possibly explain the crack.  
​As far as I am concerned the life of the screen is only 4-6 months which is untenable and it is not a functional product with such a short life span for the screen.

If anyone else has had this issue I urge you to make it public - we deserve a better product and they need to held accountable.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

I have had the same dilemma, I like what the Fitbit tracks, but can no longer support such poorly made products. Looking at different brands for replacement. 

Best Answer
I am really thinking about doing just that. This is the forth fitbit I've owned and your right,they really don't want to stand behind there product!
Best Answer

Charge 2...2nd cracked screen in the exact same spots in 18 months. Not dropped or abused. Certainly appears to be a cheaply made product or at least the screen.

Best Answer

Mine cracked last July.  FirBit were very good at replacing it HOWEVER I cannot get the new one to connect to any device.

We have tried it on 3 different Android phones and it won't go beyond the setup code.  We have followed all the suggestions on the support site.

I will start a new thread on this.

Best Answer
Hi I know it is a hassle but send it back again.I am on my third Fitbit and the screen has cracked! I give up on it!
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
After the 2nd cracked Fitbit would not take it back ... it was a worse crack than the first so I’m wearing the first cracked product.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I have worn each one until I can hardly see the screen! It really is disgraceful.As I bought from John Lewis originally  they refunded the money, however Fitbit replaced it so in fact I lost nothing just gained another one that cracked! You couldn't write the script! I challenged john Lewis for knowingly selling a product that is basically unfit for purpose. They just smiled!!Good luck with it.Adele 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is a similar story.  I’m on my second charge 2 screen, first replaced under warranty, which has now also cracked.  I’ve been offered a discount on a replacement which would be at a higher price than currently being sold on Amazon.  I won’t be buying another though as a watch that lasts 12-18 months is just not worth buying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
 They gave me the same story about my warranty and the discounts I was eligible for. I gladly told the that I was moving onto a better made product whose screen won't crack twice in a 18 month time frame.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I only had my inspire since January all of a sudden crack down the middle out of nowhere

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. Looked down at my sense fitbit about 4 months ago and noticed a Crack. Now the Crack is getting bigger. How annoying. 🤔

Best Answer
3 Fitbits in I finally gave up and bought a Versa. Initially I thought it was too big for my skinny wrists but small sacrifice not to see it cracked again. I thought it was me but very bad design. John Lewis changed one free but they continue to sell them which I told them is immoral!!Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem with a cracked screen on my first Charge 2 (with no known cause).  My son gave me his unused Charge 2 to replace it since I thought the crack must have been my own fault.  Within ONE MONTH, that screen cracked as well, again with no known cause! I'm nearly 58-year-old woman, and I'm not doing violent things!  😉  I bike and walk.  I don't want to invest in the Charge 5 unless I know the screen is made with better materials.  Have you gotten another version and been happier with it? Should I abandon Fitbit and go with another company?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi- I have had the Charge 4 since it came out- no cracked screen but sometimes doesn’t charge well (it shows connected when attached to charger then quits I guess), screen is very hard to read in light, have to push the button to turn on rather than rotating wrist, which could be a setting issue on my part, but does not work for me during workouts or hiking. Hate that. I broke down & bought AppleWatch 6 (sigh, guess they’re coming out w 7) & sometimes wear both. Fitbit seems better for sleep tracking & during long hikes because of battery life. Apple Watch needs charging daily but screen shows me what I need to see during workouts without scrolling or pushing buttons. That’s about all I can say. 
Best Answer
Hi.I gave up after 3 cracked screens although the fitbit continued to work OK.Changed to a Versa. Bit reluctant as they are quite big on a small wrist but very pleased with it. Hope all goes well with your Apple.Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
I now have a Fitbit Inspire which seems better but only worn for approx 6 months I won’t buy another Charge after my experiences.

Thanks
Jenny Wilson
07813 781439
Best Answer
I dumped Fitbit and very happy with Apple Watch. Horrible product and lousy
customer service made my decision easy
Best Answer