Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 side button not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The side button is not working out of the blue. Pressing it will not switch to other mode. Please advise where to send the Charge 2 for repair in Singapore. It's still under warranty. Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@MarcoChan23 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! We don't have any repair centers in Singapore but I suggest you start by restarting your Charge 2 by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

You can also try using compressed air at a distance to try clearing the button area from any dirt or debris that might be interfering with it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I did the steps. Nothing happened. Can't view the firmware version either.

Kindly advise what's the next step.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@MarcoChan23 sorry to hear that your Charge 2 didn't respond to the troubleshoots. At this point the best thing to do is letting our Support team know about the issue so they can assist you reviewing your tracker's status and warranty and provide options for you. You will get an email from them.

Keep me posted!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just went through a support call with the same problem. My button stopped working in April and my warranty expired in February. There is no repair option, only replacement. The result is that they offered me a 25% discount for any Fitbit or 40% off the Ionic (except Versa or Ace). The current Charge 2 promo price on the Fitbit website is $119, and the 25% coupon would give me a price of about $112. So, the offer is $7 for my troubles. Rep said he'll send an email with the promo code...hasn't arrived yet.

This seems like a known problem (Google search shows others with this problem). The support rep on the phone said that he had the same problem once. It doesn't sound like a good/fair policy for Fitbit to sell $150 watches that they know some will need replacement in 14+ months.

Best Answer

@p2themac A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear about your damaged Charge 2. Support won't be able to replace your tracker if it is outside the warranty period as they need to follow these policies. Still they offer a discount so it is up to you if you wish to use it or not. My own Charge 2 has been working without issues for 22 months now and it is still going on. You may also consider purchasing an extended warranty with your electronics. Fitbit offers one with new products but you can also find options with Amazon, Best Buy and other retailers.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reach-out. I still haven’t received the afore-promised email with a discount code. 😞
Best Answer

@p2themac sorry for the delay in my reply. Since this is processed by Support and you mentioned they offered it during your call with them then please reply to their email correspondence to see what happened with the discount information. 

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
There was no email correspondence. It was during a phone call and they
didn't write back.
Best Answer

@p2themac thank you for the clarification. If this was the case you should still receive an email from them. Could you check your spam and junk folders to discard the possibility that your email was sent there.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I cleared out my spam folder a few days ago. I didn't see it in there. I
also bought another Fitbit last week because I wanted to move on even if it
wasn't in the cards for me to get a discount.
Best Answer

@p2themac sorry for the delay in my reply. Thank you for looking in your junk and spam folders. Since you already have a new device there isn't much we can do but I am really happy to hear that you are already back on track with your new Charge 2. Hope that you can reach your fitness goals in no time.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, Fitbit a little over a year old, button stopped working all of a sudden.

Here is a dumb question, if the button is not working how is one to reset the Fitbit? In other words this advise does not work.

Regards.

Best Answer