Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 stopped working at all

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hiya guys just wondering if anyone can help? my charge 2 has died on me there's nothing coming up on the screen and no green lights flashing.  I've charged it and tried to reset it as about 2 weeks ago it froze and I managed to reset it but now I'm not getting anything apart from a blank screen on the watch.  Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks Shellk321

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

My Charge 2 died yesterday all of a sudden, one minute I checked the time and a short while later it's dead.  It was charged in the morning and synced just minutes before the unit went blank. 

I've been trying all the different strategies listed in the fibit support page and the forums to no avail.  I've owned it for 2 yrs and there was no warning of any problems until this.  My fitbit Blaze and older tracker are still working, this is really disappointing.

Best Answer

I bought a Xiaomi Mi Band 4 smart wristband with a colour screen and it's waterproof so don't have to remove it for showering etc. Got it off ebay for £39 and it's great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm adding myvoice to all of the boards about the Charge 2 dying suddenly.  This is an issue with this model that it stops working without warning at approximately 20 months.  I followed all the standard support procedures and nothing happens.  When I spoke to people at FitBit I keep getting the run around about how the warranty is only one year for Charge 2, so too bad, so sad.  The rep explained how much they want me to stay in the FitBit family an offered me a coupon for purchase of another model.  This is really disappointing that a $150 device is expected to last ONE YEAR, two at best!  I'm not sure I planning on staying with this family if these devices are "disposable" and simply becomes a contributor to electronic trash.

Not happy, very not happy.

Best Answer

I am also having the same problem with my Charge 2.. Very disappointing with no warning and hopefully able to be resolved as love my Fitbit 

I am hoping this is not set up in a way that means people need to spend more money to stay with fitbit as will be reconsidering any upgrade as this looks like a common problem. Fitbit should be doing more for their clients as they are able to track the usage.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. I've followed all the steps above and nothing works. I charge the watch for a while and it says it’s fully charged but then it goes dead after a few minutes of wearing it. How to solve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding my experience with charge 2.

Same issue as many others describe. Mine is just over 2 years old and stopped working. No screen, no heart rate lights and no sign of life when attempting to charge. Tried the reset as described elsewhere. Still nothing. It's dead.

Will be trying another brand as I've had several issues that have previously been resolved by a rese . Overall it's not what I would consider a quality product and not cheap.

Best Answer

about 20 months for me also. Looks like I'll be trying something different next.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 was working one day and when I took it off of the charger, it never worked again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  Loved my Fitbit had great battery life now blank screen and won't charge no response at all when I connect the charger

As it is out of warranty is the answer there is nothing to do but  buy a new tracker ,. Although probably not a fitbit again which is a shame as was a great product

Best Answer
0 Votes

Manwell - You also went through all the other stuff? I'm seeing that support seems to have disappeared since this spring (2019). I just sold a HR2 on FB marketplace. It worked 2 weeks ago when I charged it up to show it worked, now the buyer is saying it isn't working. I wonder if this is what has happened, which really sucks for me.

Thank you.

Lori

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can i ask.how you press the button when its in the holder for the charger.  When i do this it just turns notificatiobs on/off 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the issue where my Fitbit will die within 30 minutes. At one point it would not charge but I did a reset and it charged. 10 mins off the charger I was at 30%. Charge the Fitbit before getting to work and it is dead an hour into my day. This did all happen to take place after the last major update. My Fitbit no longer alerts me when I get a text and shows the wrong caller when attempting to show who is calling. 

Is my Fitbit dead?

Best Answer

This is exactly what happened to mine. It has full battery. It was synced and then just went black and nothing i have done helps. It just wont power on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here no power at all has there been an answer to this I haven’t used mine for 6 months it’s only 18 months old started training again and no fit bit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit screen went black.

Best Answer

Update: I was hoping after the firmware update that has just happened that the issue would be fixed, however, after doing the firmware my fitbit drained within 10 minutes again. I am missing my fitbit and can not afford another one so it would be great if this issue could be fixed.  My husband's one bought at exactly the same time has not had an issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having similar problem. When I connect to the charger, it shows the fitbit logo with text 22.58.00 under it, it vibrates and then fades to black. Fitbit support has been very unhelpful, just telling me that it's out of warranty and that they don't repair it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have purchsed two of these Fitbits and both have the exact same issue. Has both for a couple of years. Both also have a crack in the screen which were not caused by the user. I think it is a heat issue.

Not fit for purchase. Although I thought was a decent brand the actual watches are tat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. @MarreFitbit Can you create an incident or ticket?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get any joy as mine is exactly the same just over 12 months, iv e had 3 in the last 4 years, never again i think its a waste of money.  They dont seem to last very long and they cost so much#

Best Answer