Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 switching notifications off/on randomly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 is going hay wire... turning notifications on and off all on it own. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

The tracker needs to be charging and confirmed by the battery icon that it is charging before the button is held in to restart the tracker. 

Best Answer

I did that......My Fittbit was on the charger and I saw the charging icon before I pressed the button to reset. Technical support walks you through that when you call and it is also in the online troubleshooting instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And in the 

Charge 2 Manual

Best Answer
And when done multiple times. Continues the behavior. The support is garbage and condescending. And?

I will be clear I reset the device multiple times. It will charge. Then once removed continue the behavior.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue with my Charge 2. Switching notifications off and on by itself. Even with a full reset. My device has been doing this since yesterday afternoon. E-mailed FitBit but don't expect to receive a meaningful response based upon what I've been reading in this thread. Looks like I'll be binning my device and switching over to a different brand.

:o(

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem also.   This is a new problem but it has happened 4 times this week.  There also have been more problems connecting to the bluetooth of either my phone or IPad.   I am forced to disconnect it to get it to work.  I have just updated my operating system on my IPad, also the fitbit software two days ago.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, sorry to hear that your tracker is still giving your issues even after following the suggestions like restarting it. If you are still having issues with your device then please contact our Support team for assistance. They will review your tracker's data and provide options for you. If your Charge 2 isn't charging them please try these suggestions.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I went and counted Three response in this thread All the same refer to manual follow instructions. Call customer support.

For myself these are the first things I did before coming to this forum.

At this point I have accepted the 25% off and purchased an Ionic. I really hope that it will be a reliable tracker. Preferably past the one year mark. Electronic devices should last. S6 edge that I own is a great phone and keeps my business to Samsung. I am still pretty sour with Fitbits support. Multiple problems with how business is conducted for me. From contacting off shore support Via chat that only goes by a script.

Good example is hi charge is doing this followed trouble shooting guides and scrolling workout options and notifications turning on and off continues. Support will try a reset hrrrrrrm okay. Did not fix it. The behavior started after I mowed the lawn. Well you must be pressing the side button. Really right now sitting typing hrrrrrrrrrm. Well your tracker is out of warranty we can offer 25% off. Now given how it all works the moment the rep has your name they are looking at activation. Since the only way to use the tracker is via the fitbit app and backhaul to fitbit servers.

This has been a problem for multiple people in this thread. Since 2017 the response has either been non existent or the above. Very little support either in the technical or community. Other then reset the device and hope it fixes it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Alvaro for the suggestion, but nothing works.

When pushing the button for 10 to 12 seconds => No firmware version.

Only never ending switching on and off for a few hours until the battery is empty again..... 

I stopped trying to solve it.

As I still had warranty running, I just turned it in for a new one.

The lady at the desk  didn't even check. She exclaimed: "Oh fitbit again"

Apparently she got used to failing fitbits in the meantime.

She just exchanged for a new one right away. She apologized in the name of fitbit.

Fitbit can learn from her.

My advice. Pay the little extra for the guarantee, or lose your money.

Goodbye and succes to all

Peter

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with paying a little extra for the warranty if you love having your fitbit.   Prices for warranties or protection plans vary from business to business. Walmart and QVC both have very reasonably priced protection plans.   I got 3 years for $19.99.

That 25% off coupon that fitbit offers is not better than going to a different store .  Much better deals out there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices and our Customer Service @PeterSileghem @PeterSileghem @Neet4. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

The warranty in most of the regions is only for 365 days. (In Europe due to the law, is extended for 2 years). This mean that your tracker will be cover for a full year and in this period of time you can received any replacement is require in case of a defect. But this warranty does not apply to that new tracker extending the time. The period of warranty would be only applicable on your original purchase until the 365 days have expired.

Also, if you received a replacement within the warranty (365 days) it does not mean it won't be valid after this. So, if your tracker fails again and your tracker still is between the time of the original warranty, you might be eligible for a replacement based on the resolution of our Support Team, this apply until the stipulated time of the warranty has expired.

In regards to the 25% discount option as per our Warranty Policies please know that this is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family and I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

If the issue is not covered under Fitbit's limited warranty but may be covered by your Fitness Protection Plan. To find out, file a claim with the plan provider at https://www.squaretrade.com/fileClaim. If you have a question about your claim after filing please check with SquareTrade. Fitbit does not have access to claim status and all decisions made by SquareTrade are final.

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same. I got this Charge 2 around 10 months ago replacing a defective unit (the first one I got stopped working withing 2 months). Now they refused to change it or to fix it because warranty on the original one already expired. Fitbits are disposable, it looks like they build them to last only for 1 year and then they only offer a 25% discount to get a new one and then if you want extended warranty they charge you $40 (really?). I'm very disappointed with Fitbit (I was a huge fan before this happened). 

Moderator edit: Word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a note I only had the refusing to sync after I updated to the latest  fitbit update.   My latest complaint is I will check my fitbit while walking and at times it does not record my steps even though my  arm moves when I walk.  So now to get an accurate reading I have to put the fitbit in my pocket while walking just like in the grocery store, when pushing a shopping cart.  I bought it in Feb. so it is still in warranty, but I am noting that people are complaining about the replacements failing, are you sending out repaired units as replacements?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 started doing this same thing this morning after I pulled it off of the charger. it would only show the full battery until I then pressed the side button. Now it wont stop. I have tried the standard putting it on charger and pressing the side button but when I release it from charger it just goes back to cycling on the notifications screen. Tried the condensed air (which someone suggested here) and changing the sync all day option to off (which was also suggested). I have called customer service and because it was outside of the year warranty they offered me the 25% discount on another one. So I have an old charge that I am using at the moment but I am seriously thinking of going to another brand. It is ridiculous that these don't last that long. I have gone through many fitbit devices because of issues. Its almost like they make these to fail at a certain point so that you have to get another one. So does anyone have any suggestions on another brand they have used/like?

Best Answer
Well I personally am trying the ionic right now. If it fails outside of warranty probably switching to a gear. Other wise Apple is decent.

The down side is starting over with a new app. Also if you have gone further I to the fit bit devices with the scale.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Mine just started this today. What did everyone else do? Suggestions?? Help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the constant notification on/off issue last week. If Support is reading this (Yes I'm a dreamer), let me be crystal clear: The Charge 2 itself - NOT the App, NOT the phone - would show the notification screen changing from Notifications ON to Notifications OFF about every second, repeatedly, while vibrating. It would eventually stop.  The button was not being pressed (don't even ask me if I'm sure). The charge 2 would then also scroll through all the screens on its own, as if the button was being pressed.  I've read this whole thread, none of the previous "solutions" are adequate responses.  I'm out of warranty, and I don't expect Fitbit to do a **ahem** thing about replacing my tracker, BUT, tell us what the problem is.  Some of us like having things fixed rather than just assuming it needs replacing.  I won't get into what happened after this issue stopped, as I have another thread going for that, which will probably get about as many useful responses from fitbit...  

Best Answer
I agree with your sentiment......
It would be nice to understand why. Knowledge is important.
When mine started this, I was still in bed after a peaceful nights sleep. 8 hours of rest with no dust or water or contaminants. I lifted my arm to look at the time and it started this weird “cycling dance”. I managed to reset it and it worked for a bit but did die subsequently due to an inability to take a Charge

Obviously it is replaced now but it would be good to understand “why” there is this behaviour, so that my new one can avoid the same fate
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since yesterday, 15 motnhs after purchasing it, my Charge 2 also experiences the message on/off cycle of death. Beside purchasing a new one there seems to be no solution by now and I hesitate to do that. The Charge is in general working fine and the battery still holds it charge so there is no obvious reason to replace the whole sensor, it is stucked in a software loop and hopefully it is possible to repair it via a software update. Resetting doesn't help so the error seems to be in the firmware.

However, this problem is now well known and there was no helpful reaction from Fitbit. I still have some hope but if there is no solution coming why should I buy a product from Fitbit again? It feels like an implemantation of planned obsolescence and I prefer items that just work as intended as long as the hardware is not damaged.

Best Answer

They were no help at all. I did the survey after speaking with them. Yes I guess they can consider the problem resolved bc they will give me a discount on a new one. Why is the only option replace it??? How about you make better quality products so they don't have to be replaced every couple of years or so. 

Has anyone ever used a Samsung or garmin fitness watch? 

Best Answer