Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 text and call notifications not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got my charge 2 and text and call notifications not coming through...I have done lots of troubleshoots that I have read about and nothing is working I have iPhone 6s
Best Answer
0 Votes
299 REPLIES 299
someone asked if putting encryption on would you lose data, and I said no. I don't know why people are asking me questions when I am the one who asked a question on here.
Best Answer
0 Votes

s deleting and then re-installing the app have any effect on data already synched or on anything else? I am just trying to get text/call notifications  on my Charge 2 again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have made sure the sync was set, removed my Charge2 from the app, Deleted the app, Reinstalled the app and re-attached my Charge2 but I got a "bluetooth pairing failed Call Notifications nd all-day sync are disabled for now." I can sync data and set alarms but can not get notifications back on. Any one have any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just called support. All I needed to do was go into the bluetooth on the iphone and forget the device there. Then turn off bluetooth. Open the app. Turn on bluetooth. Then go to the notification settings. It wanted to pair again and after that all was good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 7 and a fit bit charge2.  I am not receiving my text notifications even though I have it turned on everywhere including on my phone. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded it. I took it out of my Bluetooth list. It asked to pair and I have never received anything asking for a pin number 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got great help from a chat call. Didn’t take too long and it all works now

Sent from Gail
Best Answer

It worked, thank you I was lost without it 😊👍

Best Answer

It finally worked for me after disconnecting my Bluetooth, deleting and reinstalling the Fitbit app, restarting my Fitbit, logging into Fitbit and reconnecting my charge 2.  I had the same issue with my Charge, so I  purchased the Charge 2.  I gave my Charge to my daughter and it worked for her.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.

Best Answer

Hey so I tried all steps a few times and it didn’t work. Then I held the side button on my charge 2 and it said “notifications on” 

...now it all works. 

Best Answer
That worked for me too!
Thanks!
--
~~ Michele
Best Answer

@Cherylv16wrote:

Hey so I tried all steps a few times and it didn’t work. Then I held the side button on my charge 2 and it said “notifications on” 

...now it all works. 

This is always the first step suggested to try. 

Glad you found it. 

Best Answer

None of the suggestions worked for me.  I played with the button on the side of my Charge 2 and found that, if you hold it, “Notifications” comes up and I had accidentally turned the notifications off.  By depressing the button, I was able to turn them back on.

Best Answer

The procedure described above is unacceptable.  If this is what is needed to regain text and call notifications, the software is substandard.  Take the product off the market until you fix the software. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a very easy way to turn notifications on and off.  It is supposed to work that way in case  you don’t want notifications interrupting you. Not a software flaw at all.

Best Answer

This not working. I’ve hade my charge 2 for 4 months & calls/notifications were working & they are not. The instructions did work & it would last a bit 2 weeks before I would have to reset it again. Now the it just doesn’t work at all. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You misread my comment. The suggested action to simplify make it work each times stops by itself is the problem

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavOlJu The ability to turn off notificationznon the tracker was added at the response of thousands of requests to have this feature, and is documented in both the user manual and on the Fitbit help sight .The easiest thing is to add the notification screen that will show you add a glance what the notification status is. 

@Gyer02. I'm not sure which one of the many steps/procedires mentioned above is unaceptable to you . We don't know which one of the hundreds of posts in the thread being looked at. 

@Pernstar not sure which steps above are not working. 

Does the Charge 2 show up on the phones BT, not knowing what phone you have makes it harder to help. 

Does the app have permission to send notifications. 

Is notifications turned on in the tracker, operating system, and app? 

On some phones if the user turns of notifications on the locjk screen they have disabled them from being sent to the tracker.

Has both the phone and tracker been restarted? Sometimes if the phone has a hard lock up completely dhuttingsthe phone off is reauired. just like it would be required in a laptop .They both are simply computers and should in many czsescbe treated the same. 

These are just a few of the things to check that are mentioned above. 

Best Answer
Thanks so much!
Best Answer
Based on the number on posts on the site Fitbit has a problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I would second that!

Best Answer
0 Votes