Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Midway through a walk tonight, my Fitbit went black and will not power on. It was charged and has been working fine. I tried putting it on the the charging cable and powering it up or reseting it but had no luck. My app shows it is fully charged but of course will not sync because it has no power. Help please

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

Hey there @Rlcoleman03, it's great to see a new member around! Hmm... this sounds strange. By any chance have you tried using a different charging cable (in case you have a friend who can borrow it)? 

Thanks for trying some steps before posting, just to make sure, did you try the following?

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

I'd recommend this restart 3 times in a row (even if the 1st one be unsuccessful, go for the 3 in a row. Believe me or not, this does the trick Woman Very Happy).

PS: Note that your Fitbit app will remain the level of battery for the last sync. If your tracker is with a low battery now, your app will still remain a full battery since you haven't sync yet in order for it to update to the current battery level.

Give this a shot and let me know your good news!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you, this worked!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will this also work if the battery is dead? 

Best Answer
It will! My battery was dead, I followed the steps and it worked. My battery started charging and everything was restored!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work for me I'm afraid. I followed the steps with no result. I get a vibration occasionally and the sensor lights on the back of the Charge 2 are working, but the screen remains blank. The dashboard says my battery level is low although I have had the Charge 2 on the charger for some time. Any advice appreciated.

The dashboard now shows fully charged and is recording steps. Screen still blank.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
If I remember right, didn’t it say to try the procedure 3 times? I would try this

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all the steps three times per charger connection, and then three times each on three separate connections, screen still blank. 

Best Answer

I just received a refurbished Charge 2 from Fitbit. I tried using it when I first opened it from the packaging. Nothing happened so I tried charging it. The device has now been charging for over 3 hours and I’ve tried holding down on the button for 5, 10 and 15 seconds to no avail. Each time I connect it to the charging cord it vibrates so I know there is some sort of response. Any help/advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried every thing and nothing no vibration no flash nothing just a black screen when I plug it in to charge nothing no light nothing I got it yesterday for Christmas and it was working up till about 2-3 hours ago please help

Best Answer

I’ve done everything like trying to charge my Fitbit or even re set it I’ve pressed and held the button for 12 or more seconds and my Fitbit charge 2 is still showing no sign of life 

Best Answer
When mine did that it, it was dead! I had to get a new one. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have a charge HR2

I was fully charged, I deleted it from my phone and installed and paired it with  my wife's phone (I got a different tracker) now it went completely dead. I have no idea what is wrong.  As I said I added it and paired it to my wife's phone with no problems and now all of a sudden it is completely DEAD.  Does anyone have any advice? I will not charge, it will not turn on to show it is charging.  There is nothing wrong with it until a few minutes after setting it up and paring with my wife's phone which is the exact same model phone as mine. 

Best Answer

When I put my fitbit on my charger, it didn't even vibrate to turn on or anything. It is just sitting there. What do I do?

Best Answer
The way i solved my problem is. I dumped fitbit and went with Samsung S3
Frontier. It has has proven to be the smartest move i ever
made
Best Answer

Got my Charge 2 in February 2018. I charged it just before lunch yesterday and it worked fine until 8:00 last night when the screen went blank and it stopped syncing.  I've tried to reset multiple times with no response. There's no vibration when I attach the cord but the lights on back are blinking erratically.  Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dump Fitbit im telling you Samsung trackers are for better
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my Cahrge2.  I had to go into the hospital for surgery so I stopped wearing it for a few weeks.  It just sat on my dresser for this whole time.  When I put it back on it was dead so I put it into the charger, it buzzed, & showed the charging battery symbol.  When I came back to it & tried to get it working it was dead again.  Now it won't turn on at all no matter how many times I try to reset it & hold the button down.  I called support & they were totally useless as my unit was off warranty (about 4 months over).  They only offered me a 25% discount on buying a new one!  Why would I buy anything from Fitbit now since their product crapped out a few months after the warranty expired and died for no reason!  I hope these guys go out of business with this kind of poor product quality & poor customer service/satisfaction!!!  You know the old saying.....when something is good you tell 10 others.....when it's bad you tell everyone!!!!!  I intend to do the latter!!

Best Answer

my fitbit is done i think because this didnt work for me after trying several times

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Hey there @Rlcoleman03, it's great to see a new member around! Hmm... this sounds strange. By any chance have you tried using a different charging cable (in case you have a friend who can borrow it)? 

Thanks for trying some steps before posting, just to make sure, did you try the following?

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.

I'd recommend this restart 3 times in a row (even if the 1st one be unsuccessful, go for the 3 in a row. Believe me or not, this does the trick Woman Very Happy).

PS: Note that your Fitbit app will remain the level of battery for the last sync. If your tracker is with a low battery now, your app will still remain a full battery since you haven't sync yet in order for it to update to the current battery level.

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Best Answer

dash board not deplay

Best Answer
0 Votes