Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Midway through a walk tonight, my Fitbit went black and will not power on. It was charged and has been working fine. I tried putting it on the the charging cable and powering it up or reseting it but had no luck. My app shows it is fully charged but of course will not sync because it has no power. Help please

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70
Contact Fitbit x they sent me a new one it was just over a year old x

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Flossie. I’m afraid mine was just over 2 years old by never abused or got wet no luck with the replacement. Fitbit are very hard to contact and don’t seem to care about their existing customers only want to sell more and more Fitbits 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I chatted to someone on line they were very helpful, they could tell I hadn’t been using it because I hurt my foot so couldn’t walk so far, sorry you didn’t get anywhere x

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this same issue, tried the "restart/reset" that all the threads before had suggested, with no luck. I was on the verge of purchasing a new one and decided to buy a new charger first. Not only was the charger bad, the outlet/USB plug wall adapter was too. New charger did the trick, charged the tracker and now all is good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine won't turn on but it still buzzes as if it is?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! This was a lifesaver!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I just contacted fitbit and they were very kind and sent me a new one
for free. Hope you have the same luck!!

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had it charging and I went to turn it on It won't turn on anymore I tried the methods and nothing is happening it hasn't been charged in a couple months and it is about 2 or 3 years old plz help me.

Best Answer
Probably can’t do anything with it, with it being 2/3 years old, you could try contacting them and see what they say.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you contact Fitbit?  My Charge 2 had the blank screen, although it synched with my phone and recorded steps. The reset worked for me, BUT then it died completely and no amount of trying can reset it 😞

Best Answer

Thank you! I just tried this and it worked❤️

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated my iPhone and haven’t used my Fitbit in a few months. Have it to a friend who tried to set it up on their phone only for the Fitbit not syncing and now it’s black screen. Green lights are flashing but won’t vibrate or turn on when on the charger

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit won't charge I bought a new cable and it still won't work - it doesn't do anything any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue and was told to clean off the contacts on the watch and charger, which I did. It still did not work after holding in the button while connected to charger and USB port. I was told warranty expired and i need a new one and was extended a discount.

how do they know it's not the charger wire itself?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing I was told

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with Fitbit customer service agent (Mario).  We tried to reset my charge 2.  Hold down the button for 15 secs while charging cable is plugged in.  Still my charge 2 will not power on after many tries.  Agent said warranty expired (few days after 2 year) and all he can do is offered 25% for a new device.  I told him I can't trust Fitbit it the device only lasted 2 years.  There's nothing they can do about it.  Very disappointed with Fitbit.  I am going to return this device (to Costco) today.

No more Fitbit ever.

Best Answer
Can’t understand why they sent me a new one.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this same problem. When I first tried resetting it didn’t work. I gave up, and left my Charge 2 plugged into the charger.

Decided to try to reset it again a few days later, and I thought it was still not working. I opened the app and it synced with my Charge 2. The screen was still black, and no green lights. I noticed there was an update for the Charge 2, and updated mine. Now it’s working again!😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it will work because I lost my charger for a year and It started working a little while after it was on the charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This isn't working. What do I do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes