Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Charging issue/Cable not working?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 3 just over a week.  When I got it, it charged right up just fine.  Now the battery is about to die and it doesn't want to charge.  It seems like the cable isn't connecting or recognizing it. No notification of a charge comes on screen.  It doesn't vibrate when the clip connects.  I've quadrupled checked the alignment of the pins and it doesn't seem to be dirty.  I've also tried different ports on my computer, my boyfriend's computer,  and a pocket charger, but nothing.  I keep trying to restart it, but it seems like it it won't even restart unless its plugged into power, which I can't get it to do.  Any idea? Is it a dud?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

I agree with the comment above - how is this resolved? My charger isn't working either - incredibly annoying. I bought the Charge 3 because my Charge 2 had stopped charging, despite buying replacement cables. Please advice as to how we get these faulty Charge 3 chargers replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You'll need to call support.  That's what I did, and they are replacing my tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my Fitbit not charging. What should I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If resetting the device on the charger doesn't work, I would call customer
service.
Best Answer

Hello. Got my Charge 3 for Xmas and finally turned it on this week, replacing my charge 2. When I first plugged in it worked, the usual buzz. Now, 3 days later it does not charge. It does not even recognize it. No buzz, nothing on screen. I cleaned, changed outlets and tried the usb in the computer. What should I do? Return it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try plugging it into the charge two charger. Worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone! Thanks for participating in the community Forums. 

I was able to reach our support team and they've confirmed they're already working with you @Delilah2, @Yaranna, @walker31@MJB62676@JulsDP, and @MaryBunney. Hope you get soon back on track! Let me know if there is anything else you need from our side. 

@Nitra803@chanudel and @darbyking Have you already tried the suggestions on the help article "Why isn't my battery charging?". If you have and you're still experiencing any issues with the battery of your tracker or its charging cable, please let me know so that I can put you in contact with our support team. 

Look forward to your reply. 

Selma | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Only had my Charge 3 since Christmas, it’s been fine till now. I can feel it vibrate on contact with the charger but the charging icon does not appear. Tried cleaning, changing power source - nothing 😞 

i assume the cable is faulty 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @selena.s.

Thanks for troubleshooting this battery issue by yourself. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue - is there a way to test the charging cable?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help

I'm having the same issue with charging, it worked the first day, 2 days ago, not working now after trying everything mentioned here. It's got to be the watch itself or maybe the battery inside? What should I do? Being the cable makes no sense, it is a sinple electrical cable, nothing fancy.

Help,

Ed

Best Answer

After my Charge 3 stopped charging in december I spoke to a CS rep and it miraculously started charging again. For like 2 weeks. Now it works sporadically, sometimes charging just fine, sometimes sitting on the charger for a full day before it will even light up once. I haven't worn it in a week because it's unresponsive again. Obviously the tracker is faulty, but unfortunately I'm getting married in a week and have no time to call support and get it sorted until that's over, but I encourage anyone having this issue to call support! The tracker is just buggy and they need to acknowledge it.

Best Answer

My cable has 2 prongs but my watch has 3 contact points. I wonder if I got the wrong cable? Can someone check yours, itbits working, how many prongs on your cable

Update: 

It is buggy, I’m going to call tomorrow and may take it back and get the verse. I think the wrong charging cord was in my box. It should have 3 prongs. Like the watch has.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having th exact issue with my new Fitbit. In addition I don’t know if this is also an issue but the charger has two prongs and the Fitbit has three holes. However it was charging fine up until this week and I’ve only had it for 1 month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I am having this exact same issue , what should I do ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I’ve tried all the recommendations and haven’t  been able to get my Charge 3 to charge as well. I’ve cleaned it, used different ports, attempted with mine and my wife’s chargers but no success. It's been charging fine for the two months I’ve had the Charge 3 until now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue!!! Did you get it solved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit directly and they are sending me a replacement
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, mine’s still not working at the moment

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit through the website. They walked me through a fix. I needed to complete the set up process, then every thing worked fine.
Best Answer