Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Screen Unresponsive to Touch W/ Fix

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had an issue with my Charge 3 where the screen wouldn't respond to touch commands. Pressing the side button would display the screen, but not switch it from anything off the main screen.

While I didn't have my charging cable to do a reset that way, I was able to resolve the issue by updating the clock face with the Fitbit app to a different one and it become responsive again.

I hope this is helpful for others that might run into this issue in the future!

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Ahh what a good idea! Thanks for the suggestion.😊

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

That worked like a champ  Thank you! 

Best Answer

That worked for me! Thank you!! 

Best Answer

This was a genius suggestion. Thank you! I’ve been trying everything. 

Best Answer

Thank you, finally got screen responding again after your useful advice

Best Answer

Awesome. Thank you so much for sharing. Worked perfectly. You are a legend 

Best Answer

This worked for me! Thank you!

Best Answer

Thank you!!  Changing my clock face did the trick.  I was really worried something else was wrong!!  

Best Answer

Brilliant, that worked! 

Thanks 

Best Answer

Changing the clock face just worked for me on this issue, thank you 

Best Answer

OMG! My Fitbit hasn’t been working for the last four days, and I tried the whole hold the side touch for 8 seconds and absolutely nothing. Then I though this trick was a load poop, but it actually worked! How weird for it to have something to do with the clock face? Anywho, you saved my soul, thank you! Haha

Best Answer

A note for people that this fix seems to sometimes fix issues where the screen is completely blank as well.

The reason it appears to work in the first place is that when you change the clock face, it appears to make the Charge 3 reboot after making the change.

There is a way to reboot it on the device it self, but obviously we can't use that feature when it is not responsive.

It would be nice if Fitbit added a feature to reboot the device from the phone app.

Best Answer

Thanks for the tip ! 🙂

Best Answer

This tip worked brilliantly, thank you!

Best Answer

I don't normally comment on these threads but thank you so much!!! This saved my butt when I wouldn't be near my charger for a couple days.

Best Answer

Great advice ! Thanks a lot, my Charge 3 was not responding at all, impossible to reset in until I update the clock face, nice idea! 

Best Answer

My face plate doesn’t respond to touch! Annoying as I can’t see how many steps I have nor track exercises!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try the fix as outlined in the first post of changing the clock face in the app on your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sure did! I put it on the charger and held the button in. It buzzed but didn’t reset. Still not working. I am in a stepbet and I don’t want to lose my data!!

Have an amazing day! 😃
Best Answer
0 Votes