Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Screen Unresponsive to Touch W/ Fix

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had an issue with my Charge 3 where the screen wouldn't respond to touch commands. Pressing the side button would display the screen, but not switch it from anything off the main screen.

While I didn't have my charging cable to do a reset that way, I was able to resolve the issue by updating the clock face with the Fitbit app to a different one and it become responsive again.

I hope this is helpful for others that might run into this issue in the future!

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

my versa lite is doing this - I hold in the side button to reset and it works again for a short time.  I have just changed the clock face as you suggested but its still unresponsive.  Did you have to download a complete new face?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up calling the help line and they hard me do a hard restart. At that point the device got extremely hot and went completely dead. I had to buy a new one and my other was just over a year and a half. My new one seems good.
Hope you have better success than I did!
Darcie

Have an amazing day! 😃
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply.
This is not good news.  Mine was new at Christmas so litterally 4 months old!  I cant get hold of anyone at Currys or Fitbit so i think i am just going to return it as faulty to Currys when they open back up.
Never mind at least it tells the time for now lol.
Thank you again for responding.Clare
Best Answer
0 Votes
You have a year warranty so take it in for sure!

Have an amazing day! 😃
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this advice, Jogger.

However, it didn't work for me. When I tap my screen, it doesn't come on. When I roll my wrist it doesn't come on. The only way I can get the screen to light up is pressing the side button, which is a bit of a nuisance each time I want to read the time.

So far, I have tried

re-starting with the plug in,

(i) 8 sec press on button and wait for smiley face

(ii) going to Settings>About>Reboot device

(iii) 2 sec press on button, going to Screen Wake. When I tap on Screen Wake, no little bulb comes on

(iv) changing the clock face

So I am really stuck.

Can someone please help me?

Andrew.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine went totally dark. I had to “hard start” it and then it turned really hot!  It was toast and then because it was passed a year there was no warranty so I waited for a sale and bought the charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Darcief. My Charge 3 hasn't got fried, or even hot, fortunately.

I'll see if other Charge 3 users can help me.

When I first got the Charge 3 about 4 wks ago, it responded to both tap and to rolling the wrist, but not any more.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish you the best and hope
You get it going again!

Have an amazing day! 😃
Best Answer
0 Votes