Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Tracking Extra Floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

14 floors so far today. Same problem as Versa by the looks of it🙁 Only walked up 1 small flight of stairs. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
157 REPLIES 157

hey @SantiR just made a 60-floors trip yesterday according to charge 3.

actually it was 4-5.

how can we fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I downloaded Drive Bit. Start it when you begin your drive, stop it when your drive stops. It subtracts all that activity from Fitbit. Downside, remembering to do it. And you have to sign in again every day. Hopefully they will improve the app
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the high amount of floors climbed recorded by your Charge 3. Thanks for sharing the details about the experience you are having.

Fitbit is currently aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

Also, you may be experiencing this as a result of some environmental factors. Check my post for more details on this.

There is a way to erase those floor. Check the workaround here to give it a try. 

I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
The workaround is too complicated. I am fairly happy with DriveBit. Works and not as much of a hassle as your workaround
Best Answer

@godshoneybunny Thanks for your reply and for providing your feedback regarding the workaround! I'm glad you have found DriveBit to be helpful for this situation. It is easier to use this app, indeed. 

I'm sure a lot of users will find this helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was at Costco to to buy the charge 3.

i wanted it for the water proof feature.

i check the forum to see if it tracks steps as their display does not mention it as a function. 

After read this this thread true I’m goin to pass on the 3 and stick with my hr till this is resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Drove 46 miles today, mostly on the motorway, during which time my Charge 3 registered 55 floors! It also recorded my car journey as an outdoor bike ride!

On a positive note I earned my first lighthouse badge!

Best Answer

Been using an Apple Watch for the past 2 weeks. After some research and a few apps I have a full Fitbit replacement which is much more accurate and more consistent. Battery life of a day is not great, but sadly had to leave Fitbit behind. Too unreliable, inaccurate and the lack of honesty about these problems is just not right. 

Best Answer

Yep, same issue. Just earned the skyscraper badge (100 floors in a day).  I’m in FL and I have to work to get 1 floor a day.  Didn’t have this problem with the Blaze. The floors feature on the charge 3 is basically useless. 

Best Answer

@JonoS2 Probably you drove too slow. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to me! It told me I walked 27 flights the other day and I do not walk up any stairs at all. My battery life also dies very quickly

Best Answer

I just got my Charge 3 a few days ago.  I have done ZERO stairs and it counts them when I'm driving, sitting still, and walking. It's annoying, my inexpensive fit tracker did a MUCH better job. I've disappointed.  It also gives me TONS of steps when DRIVING

Best Answer

Same here. To me floors is a useless data point since it can't be trusted... might as well take it out and clean up the clutter on the dashboard

Best Answer

The workaround doesn't work!!  I am showing floors climbed when I am actually walking.  If I use the workaround it deletes all activity not just the floors climbed.  Quite frankly fitbits response that this cannot be fixed quickly is just not good enough given that this does not happen with the Charge 2.  Surely it's the same software with improvements???

Best Answer

Same problem in FL where my route is flat.  Walk the same 5 miles daily and normally 1 floor.  Today 41!!!

Best Answer

Huge bummer.  My charge 2 was spot on counting floors.  Wish I never ‘upgraded’.  I can’t even compete with my coworkers anymore because they all feel my data is skewed.  It is!   Pity.   Must be a hardware issue since the moderator is skirting the issue. 

Best Answer

Hello all - I also had this issue, but was able to resolve it.  I found two causes:

1) A defective device

2) An aftermarket band

My Charge 3 (with an aftermarket band) was recording about 10 times the correct amount of floors.  After battling with support, I decided to exchange it.  I wore the new Charge 3 with the stock band for about a week and it was working perfectly - problem resolved! 

Then I put the aftermarket band back on and it started overcounting floors again.  Not nearly as bad a before, maybe double the correct amount, but still noticeably more than it should.

I suspect that there maybe a batch of bad Charge 3s out there that need to be recalled.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can’t believe that an aftermarket band can affect it to be honest. How is that even possible? As for a bad batch, I have not seen one that doesn’t over count floors yet. 

Best Answer
The one I have now definitely does not overcount floors. It is a huge
difference from then previous one. It used to be that I’d go for a walk and
come back with 50-70 floors. This one is normal: 2-3 floors.

With the aftermarket band, I get 8-9 floors doing the same route.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.

Best Answer