Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Tracking Extra Floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

14 floors so far today. Same problem as Versa by the looks of it🙁 Only walked up 1 small flight of stairs. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
157 REPLIES 157

Be nice of them to admit it, but I guess THAT would lead to having to replace them. Too bad they won’t go back to making the One fob again, it worked fine other than having to remember to pick it up every day! Like me, I reckon we all started with Flexes and though they were great and just kept upgrading until the holy grail of waterproofness came out, and lo and behold, it’s a floor counting, steps while driving loser.....

Best Answer
I agree totally. I questioned whether it would occur again, and how could they assure it wouldn't when my problem didn't occur until 3 months after purchase. I also said it was a design flaw, but he wouldn't listen.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes
I decided to not focus on floors any longer...I am well aware if my daily average.
And thankfully I haven't had the extra steps (well huge amounts like some have reported).
Fitbit lost a supporter in me and I will be going with a company that has excellent customer service and is supported by most running stores (G).

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
  • I just looked up this issue as i got 41 floors yesterday and deserved less than 10.  I also went to sleep at 10pm and it says 12:45am.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Terrible, don’t understand why this is an issue. I will be returning mine and not giving Fitbit the time of day. Back to Garmin for me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So... climbed 558 floors today. Apparently?
Best Answer

Amazing! You must have a Fitbit Charge 3!! Ain’t it great to be able to swim/shower with it and know you’re climbing floors at the same time!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this problem for a while now and restarts don't work - along with all the other problems with the charge 3 I think it is time for it to go in the bin and get something that is fit for purpose

If FITBIT could even respond to some of the issues or admit their is a probloem, I would have some patience

However they are constantly sticking their heads in the sand and behaving like a teenage boy hoping the problem will go away

Well the problem (Your customers) will go away

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue of more stairs than I've actually climbed.  I don't think it has much to do with some altimeter, as it happens when I'm in my flat lot.  I think it has to do with heart rate, as I noticed with my last fitbit, when I got very stressed, heart beating like nuts, I got six flights just standing in the kitchen.  Also, I've been through a lot physically (cancer, a broken back and ribs) and am in my 60's, so stuff happens....  I was wondering if it meant my heart is working hard enough to be counted as stairs because I'm doing heavy yard work (hey, it's my gym), but lots of chopping of dirt and carrying buckets of dirt from here to there.  I'm still recovering from my health struggles, but the over reporting of stairs makes me wonder if my heart is working way too hard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, it's just the tracker, I don't have the heart rate function turned on and it counts too many floors...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, Fitbit sent me a replacement  because of the faulty floor counter, and the new one is just as bad.  I wish I could just turn the function off or hide it from the screen. Totally a waste 

Best Answer

They will do anything to not admit that there is an inherent problem here that they cannot fix, even to the point of sending out many many replacement devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've only had my C3 for about 10 days and I'm really trying to love it. There's so much to love but the few things I hate are the most important to me. It doesn't just record extra floors, but extra calories and extra steps when driving. I've read that logging driving helps, which I've tried; but, in reality, I'm not going to spend the rest of my life recording when I start driving and how long I've been driving. I've been doing that for a few days but it's exhausting, especially when you're making multiple stops during the day. Yesterday I noticed that when I started up the car and looked at my band, the steps started increasing before I even started driving. That's ridiculous...the device is called fitbit, not drivebit, not alarmbit, not weatherbit...FITBIT. So if I'm unable to accurately track my calories and steps at least, to improve my fitness level and lose weight then what's the point. I'm seriously considering returning the device.

Best Answer

At least you know early enough now TO return it....it ain’t gonna change, all the rest of us who drank the Fitbit koolaid are now stuck with a device that adds steps and floors for doing neither.

Best Answer

Hi folks,

My charge 3 went wild in counting floors since April 10. With an avg count of 5-10 floors (which was more than reality) I'm now getting 200-399 floors per day!!!! I disabled the phone step pairing which started a week ago but nothing changed. I also tried to restart the device. This is really getting frustrating!

Raad

Best Answer
0 Votes

So not only do I track more floors (I compare to my wife who has an older fitbit.  It also way under counts my sleep.  I go to bed at 10 and it says 1am or says I am up 2 hours in the middle of a great night sleep.

We can always expect some error on these things, but this is my fourth fitbit and 3rd model and the most expensive.  Not worth the weight of plastic.

I cannot believe the Fitbit is not monitoring this board and responding (even privately).

Best Answer

The moderators pop up now and then, but presumably they are spending the rest of the time hiding because they know the truth just as much as we do. It’s a disgrace. 

Best Answer

As I’m typing my Fitbit Charge 3 has told me it needed to update....I’m SURE this will fix ALL the problems this poor little tracker has.

BTW, I’m also finishing up the Easter bunny stew I mixed up last Sunday and I’ve also bought the Brooklyn Bridge from an email I got that said it was for sale, I sent the money to a Nigerian bank....

Best Answer
0 Votes

97A879AE-4D7F-4A90-9AEE-2EA30143065D.jpeg

Yesterday I mowed the lawn, weedeated and played 90mins of soccer.   Zero stairs today, but  Charge 3 shows 140.   

Its now after midnight and I’ve installed the “bug fix” update.   Maybe we’ll get a fish swimming across the screen when we climb a 1000 mystery stairs in a week. 

Best Answer

Has anyone gotten a real fix for this issue?   I've had my Charge 3 for a couple of weeks, but just three days ago, it started showing a huge amount of stairs...going on 3rd day now....and I've done none!  

Best Answer
0 Votes