Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 - actually waterproof?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just wanted to see if anybody else out there has successful swam or gotten their charge 3 wet without any issues? I’m a little wary on it actually being waterproof. 

Success stories, or fail stories, I want to hear them!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. @SidneyBidney Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you very much for the detailed information and for any steps you've tried prior to posting. At this time, I was able to see that you reached out to our Support Team and they have provided information and assistance. If you still have additional questions or inquiries, I recommend replying back to your case and they will be more than glad to continue assisting you. 

On a side note, as a future reference, I recommend visiting this link for tips and suggestions about swimming with your Fitbit device: Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device?

Lastly, this thread is now closed. If you have a different inquiry or question, please post them in a new thread. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147

I swam with my charge 3 in a 1.8m deep pool. It had no issues. Although I found that trying to tap or swipe was difficult. I had to dry off my fingers when I wanted to do this. 

Best Answer

I've taken mine swimming for 30min, zero issues. Tho I did take it off when I went into the hot tub as I don't know how it'll hold up to the heat.

Best Answer

Thank you! It makes it a little easier to take mine swimming, etc. knowing that others have done it successfully

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @RRad18! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Charge 3 during your swim activities. Robot Happy

All Fitbit trackers and watches are water-resistant, which means they are rain-proof and splash-proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout. You can swim or shower with select Fitbit devices.

waterrrr.png

For more information about wearing your Fitbit device, see our Wear and Care page. Also, I'd recommend taking a look at: How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I took mine swimming in the Gulf of Mexico, to the beach and it was fine. As far as heat goes I took mine into the sauna at 191 degrees and it didn’t phase it at all. It’s a pretty sturdy watch!

Best Answer

50m is pretty deep. Deep enough to go diving with. Will the charge HR hold up to an hour dive at 33m?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm suspicious of my Charge 3's water resistance.  I showered with it on after a bike ride to work one day last week, and then that afternoon I noticed the Error 001 on the screen, which wouldn't go away, and I couldn't do anything about it since I didn't have my charge cable with me at work.  Had to ride the bike home with no activity logging (screen still on the whole time), and the battery was dead as a door nail when I got home.

It seems really ridiculous that we can't reset/reboot a device without the charge cable.  I mean who the heck carries around their charging cable everywhere?

Best Answer

Unfortunately, every charge that I have had I always had to have a charger to reset it. I bought a spare charger just in case I had to reset it. Mine does need resetting every now and then but it’s not on a regular basis.

Best Answer

Wore mine in 100 degree hot tub and gym's lap pool, no issues so far!  I agree that sometimes difficult to tap when hands are wet.

Best Answer

First time I swam with my Fitbit3, within a day, there was a couple of permanent lines across the display. Second time I swam with it (a few weeks later), the entire screen is covered by faded white lines running down the screen. I'm not sure if I just got a faulty device, or if it's coincidental, but this has been my experience with taking the Fitbit Charge 3 for a swim! Waiting on a replacement device and will test it again at the pool. If the same thing happens, I'm giving Fitbit a break (had a lot of synching and overall minor annoying issues already with the device).

Best Answer

Hi @Rugger0341, @SunsetRunner, @Maggielis and @dizzydan77, welcome on board. It's nice to see you around @PatrickGSR94 

@Rugger0341 and @Maggielis, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the swimming feature on your Charge 3 and thanks for your comments. Please always take in mind that the operating temperature is of 14° to 113° F (-10° to 45° C), this way it can continue working properly.

@SunsetRunner, while your Charge HR is water resistant, it's only rain-proof, splash-proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout. For this reason, it's not recommended to use it when swimming or showering.

@PatrickGSR94, thanks for your feedback about the charging cable when doing the restart, our team will continue working on our products and improve them based on your comments. Regarding your inquiry, the Charge 3 definitely a water resistant device and just to confirm, are you still getting the same error even after restarting it?

@dizzydan77, thanks for sharing your experience with your device while swimming. I'm glad that you're about to receive a replacement and if anything happens with it, let me know so I can help you with that.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer

Got a Fitbit Charge 3 in February 2019 so I could track my swimming on holiday. Wore it to swim in. It died.

Fitbit sent a new replacement (which took two weeks).

End of April 2019 - Took replacement Charge 3 in a swimming pool, 5 minutes swimming  - it stopped working.

I now have another Fitbit 3 Charge. I take it off for showering, swimming, everything. Kind of defeats the object of having it really 

Best Answer

Hi StellaH, my charge3 died after swimming (first time out), I emailed Fitbit support but had no answer.  How did you manage to get yours replaced, was it via the retailer or via Fitbit directly?

Best Answer

Hi LM, I messaged Fitbit UK via Facebook and they were very helpful.

Good luck!

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LM, I messaged Fitbit UK facebook page and they were very helpful.

I had bought the first one from them direct and they replaced it.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @StellaH and @LMiddleton, welcome to the Community Forums! I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

@StellaH, it's great to hear that you got a replacement device, and thanks for stopping by to help other members. I totally see your point of view, the Charge 3 is swim-proof and it should be working correctly whenever you're swimming with it. May I know if you're having difficulties with your replacement device?

@LMiddleton, thanks for joining the conversation. I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. I'm glad that our team is taking care of you.

I'll be around, so keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy, to be honest, as I am on my second (replacement) so my third Fitbit Charge 3 in almost 4 months, I am scared to use it in the water. Which was the whole point of buying it in the first place!

The other two I used in the water - the first one I used in the sea - and it died after two days. The second one went a bit “loco” while I was in a waist deep swimming pool where I did just 3 lengths. It then died.

So, overall, while I love the rest of the features of my Fitbit:

* it is not fit for purpose - I.e. water

* I don’t want to use it in the water on my next holiday as, if it dies, I cannot face all the hassle I had with your Customer services in trying to get a timely replacement. They were difficult and rude.

Best Answer

Hi @StellaH, I'm glad to hear from you. Thanks for getting back and confirming that your second replacement is working correctly. I see where are you coming from, I'm sorry for the experience that you've had with your devices, as well with the Support Team. I appreciate you for sharing your feedback.

It seems strange that your devices stopped working after swimming, when the Charge 3 stands up to 50 meters when swimming. Please let me know as soon as you have difficulties with your device, so I can help you out with that.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer