Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery draining fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

For the past 2 days, i am observing that i am losing my fitbit charge 3 battery life very quickly. I am starting my day with 95% battery after a charge of 1.5 hour but by the end of the day only 10% battery life is remaining.

Have restarted the Charge3 again but still no luck, please let me know how to fix this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

I got mine in December 2018 & it's been fine until the last week to 10 days. I honestly don't recall if it ever managed 7 days on one charge but I've used a ton of its features on a daily basis so I figured that was unrealistic. Until this last week I've never seen it burn out a charge in less than 4 days, this week it has been dying after 2 hours. I shut everything off & it's up to 4 hours. What happened in the last 2 weeks that changed everything?!

Best Answer

Yes definitely crazy I did the troubleshooting I called Fitbit they told me some troubleshooting things to do I did those and it’s still having the same draining battery issue so I will be calling back tomorrow morning to see what they’re going to do for me  it’s definitely a pain !!!!!!!

Best Answer

I am having this same issue, my Fitbit charge 3 would hold a charge for nearly a week and now after a day it's down 40% and I barely touch it. The sleep tracker is no longer syncing either. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I changed the clock face but still the issue persists. Also, along with it now my Charge 3 has stopped registering the heartbeat as well and also, showing the wrong time.

It's not updating even after rebooting.

Please look into this issue asap and if possible replace the product if it can't be fixed.

Best Answer

This appears to be a widespread Charge 3 issue.  Fitbit should be concerned, as they are going to have to replace a bunch of devices under warranty.  The "troubleshooting" steps are just a delaying tactic, none of those are going to help one bit, and they know it.  I went on the Fitbit support Chat yesterday and was told I had to go through those steps, which involve turning off everything in the device and sending them an email when the battery dies.  I told the Chat rep that I had basically done that already for the past week, and that my Charge 3 was only holding a charge for about 6 hours (it's been decreasing steadily over the past 10 days).  I was told that I had to go through the troubleshooting steps before any other action could be taken, however I decided to call Fitbit Support (couldn't find that number on Fitbit's website, obviously they don't want you to call, but I Googled it).  After waiting for a rep for ~30 minutes, I finally got through, and after verifying my account etc. the rep agreed to send me a new Charge 3 immediately.  I also had the option to purchase a different device for 50% off, which I decided against.  We'll see if this next device lasts 6 months.  Btw, the device showing the wrong time means it's not synching.  The Charge 3 apparently doesn't have it's own clock circuit, it has to get the correct time from whatever you are synching to (phone, PC).  My wife's Charge 3 (purchased at the same time as mine as Christmas gifts) had the battery failure about a month before mine, and in addition her Bluetooth seemed to fail, as her device completely lost pairing with her phone, and the device was not even visible on the Bluetooth scan (i.e. disable the Bluetooth on your phone, then re-enable it, the phone does a scan to see what BT devices are nearby).  So check to see that your device is synching with your phone, if not do the Bluetooth scan and see if it's showing up.  It should be displayed as a "paired device."  (Note this is with a Samsung Android phone.)

Best Answer

Yes I also called customer support they will be sending me a new device because my charge three was still under warranty so I will definitely see what’s going to happen with this one I hope the same problem does not occur.....

Best Answer
That’s great. I’m glad someone is getting help. I have called 2 times about
issues w battery life, screen going black and not syncing to the app. Plus
one call about screen going black, besides the other problems. I keep
getting try this or that. Each representative has me doing the same things
over and over. Today, they had me do the same thing (after an hr on the
phone), then was told someone else would call me because they don’t
understand why it’s not syncing. Really?!? I don’t either and I am the one
who spent $ on the Fitbit. This is frustrating. I really just want a
Fitbit that works properly.
Best Answer

I would definitely Call customer support again and let them know that you did all the Troubleshooting that you did try to restart your device and that it is just not working and if you still have your warranty on your device if they can send you a replacement because this is just getting out of hand..... 

Best Answer

Hello guys, thanks for your participation in the Community.

I am sorry for the delay in respond and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this battery issue.

@Heather-82@jtp3jacket@Lisa06@George1947@normaurcia@Miss.Leta@LadyDavis@Cmcp827 and @diksha.gupta, if your Charge 3 aren't holding a charge, as recommended previously, make sure you followed all the tips provided in the help article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?.

@Jilsmom, upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

@SamhimmelI've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Won’t hold a charge for more than 2 days. So aggravating I only got it in May. 

Best Answer
Thank you! I had minimal on my watch, and with the restart I seem to be OK
at this point...9 days since my last charge...

Julie E Harris
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also got my Charge 3 in December 2018 - it has worked fine until about a week ago.  Like others I didn't think that the 7 days battery charge was realistic especially as I did sync several times a day; but now ... it won't hold a battery charge for more than about 36 hours ... and it just won't sync.  So disappointing especially as this was (1) a present and (2) an upgrade for the waterproof facility (which I have not used).  Have emailed but no response yet.

Best Answer

Hello Alejandra,

We have strictly followed your recommendations on how to charge our Fitbit Charge 3.

But despite that, the problem still persist.  

This is already getting too annoying.

Sorry to say, but this watch really sucks.

Can we just get a refund for our fitbit charge 3.

Please advise how we can proceed with the refund process.

rgds

Best Answer

I have to ask 'why' the clock face.  My Charge 3 has worked for 7 months on the same clock face and now the battery is a problem.  I think that the Charge 3 has an overall problem with it's software and it's not specific to one issue i.e. battery.  As I have had to stop using my Charge 3 I can't tell you other than it's plain and provides time/date only.

Best Answer
I hope you get a better response. I have called 3 or 4 times. I am being
told my case is being reviewed. I have several problems with my Fitbit. I
have the clock face going black, which they said choice another clock face-
so I do. I have the battery issue. I have a Bluetooth problem- it won’t
connect to the app to give me my steps, even w all day sync and location
on. The problems continue.... hope you have better service and help.
Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same problem. Out of nowhere (since my recent update) my battery is draining within 1-2 hours.

Best Answer

Exactly the same problem!

I didn't even make any changes!

Best Answer

Alejandra,

We have a problem with our fitbit charge 3 and have not received any favorable response from you or any of your team?

On top of the battery life problem, Today, my watch started playing up showing a different face.  - different from what I set up.

Again, this is frustrating.

Appreciate your prompt response.

Best Answer

This battery issue seems to be directly linked to the firmware update as i didnt have an issue until yesterday when i installed the update.  Up until then i charged once a week and now i have charged twice in 24 hours.  

Hopefully a patch can be sent out asap. 

Ruth

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra,

Is there any update on my 2 querries??

Best Answer