Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, I have tried all the recommended method to fix the black screen problem on my Charge 3 but it still doesn't work.
- Connected to power and press it for 15 seconds. [Still black screen]
- changed clock face [ Still black screen]

So I just have to accepted that this is Fitbit? This is Charge 3 and fall this rubbish away?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums, @justletme.

I understand how are you feeling and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
63 REPLIES 63

Welcome to the Forums, @justletme.

I understand how are you feeling and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all these steps multiple times before and it usually starts working only to fail again in less than a day. Can I get a replacement?

Best Answer

I have also tried all these steps and the screen still has streaks. My charge 3 also isn’t charging properly.

please help

Best Answer

I am also having this same issue.  I have tried several restarts and changing the clock face.

Best Answer

Thanks for your participation in the Community guys and for troubleshooting this display issue.

@Trapela and @Hewitt22I've gone ahead and escalated your cases to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

@Dsimmons, upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Tried all the reset suggestions and clock face changes. No luck! Still totally black. Fitbit still syncs to phone though. 

Best Answer

Can chance can get your support team contact me too? 
have exactly the same case same steps done but same result. 
I found the HK CS team but it doesn’t serve charge 3. 

Best Answer

This keeps happening consistently to me. I called the support team is unhelpful in resolving the real issue, which is that this has happened several times (a device defect???) and refuses to replace the device. I'm willing to ship it back but they insist that they have resolved the issue so there is nothing they can do (because the fact that this has happened several times and seems to be a consistent issue is not an issue). I will not be buying another fitbit again because of the complete unwillingness to resolve the core problem.

Best Answer

Hihi Fitbit, any chance to share or guild me how to process to repair the Charge3 here? 
Or simply buy the other one? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Started with haywire activity (screen flashing and vibrating), wouldn't hold the charge for more than a few hours. Then a few days later had white streaks on screen but seemed to be tracking steps and holding charge for a couple of days  Now screen went black...I charged overnight, tried to reset...nothing...!! Now what do I do?  

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same symptoms. Yesterday my device died (out of battery, perhaps). Today it vibrates wildly and screen flashes. On some reboots it tries to do firmware upgrades, on others it "seems" to work in that I can connect and sync to it, but yet it is totally unresponsive to touch and has a blank screen. I'm out of warranty (by a month!) and the support call just dismissed this, but with others seeing the same, I'm wondering about a bad firmware upgrade perhaps?

Best Answer

Is there any way to force a firmware downgrade?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit charge 3 is less than a year old. The screen went black yesterday. I've tried all of the recommendations for fixing it (attach to charger, hold button, remove, plug in; also changed the clock face). Nothing is working and I'm very frustrated. I'm a long term fitbit user and would don't want to move to another fitness tracker. Help!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and tried all the tricks to fix. My device is less than a year old. Please help

Best Answer

Same here week ago.
End up email Fitbit CS, fore and back with some email and end up, they ship me the new one. Good luck.

LJ

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I have tried all the recommended method to fix the black screen problem on my Charge 3 but it still doesn't work.
- Connected to power and press it for 15 seconds. [Still black screen]
- changed clock face [ Still black screen]

Best Answer

Send them an Email then wait.

https://contact.fitbit.com

Usually they reply within 48 hrs.
Good luck
LJ

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. It wouldn’t stop vibrating etc. now I have a black screen. It shows it’s fully charged on the app but I’m unable to reset it. 😳

Best Answer

Hello, Ali here from New Zealand.  I am experiencing the same problem with my fitbit Charge 3 which was replaced in August 2019 due to the screen on my original failing.  Now I have a black screen and no amount of resetting or clock face changing is working.  Please escalate my problem to the support team as well.  Thank you. 

Best Answer