Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last week my Charge 3 screen went black although it still vibrates and tracks steps. I tried all the troubleshooting steps without success and after contacting customer service I was told that my Charge 3 is not under warranty so I pulled out my Alta HR (which was only replaced because I received the Charge 3 as a gift). I charged the Alta HR and followed the set up process on the app without problem, however a few hours later the screen on the Alta HR also went black! It seems to me that if the black screen is a consistent problem across multiple Fitbit devices then there must be a software issue. In case it matters, I am using the Galaxy S9 to sync devices.

I am really frustrated that I have had 2 Fitbit devices go from working perfectly to being completely useless in less than a week without any reason or user error. I am curious if anyone else has experienced similar issues. There's no way I'm buying a new Fitbit device just to have it join the graveyard of black screens. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@ToriB21 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here.

Sorry to hear about your unresponsive Charge 3 and Alta HR. Since you already troubleshooted the Charge 3 with Support I suggest you restart your Alta HR (if you haven't done so) by following these instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit  Thank you for your suggestion! I tried restarting my Alta HR and it vibrated, but nothing else happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ToriB21 thank you for the reply.

Since the issue persists the remaining step is to let our Support team know about this. I noticed that you have a recent ticket so you can let them know that both devices are being affected and see if they have any options for this.

Keep me posted.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes