Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the past 7 days my screen is black. The watch is functioning tracking activity, steps and sleep.

I have tried every method on this community such as changing the clock face, holding the buttom down for 8 seconds and putting it in the charger and holding the button down for 15 seconds. Nothing has worked.

Any ideas? 

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

And mine. Been on YouTube etc. no luck 

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer

same here

Best Answer

Same here! This has been going on for weeks and is now happening with my daughter’s tracker as well. I don’t think these were designed to last for very long. It’s very disappointing and I don’t think we’re going to be replacing them with Fitbits again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here!

Best Answer

Seems to be a few of us having the same issue wonder if it’s like Apple when they do an update and old models just fail 

very disappointing 

I’ve spoken to support twice been told I’ll receive an email and nothing yet !!! 

Best Answer

I think that’s exactly what it is. They don’t make these to last anymore, so now we’re forced to replace them after a year at best! This is so disappointing.

Best Answer

Tips to fix-

Plug the device into the charging cable.
While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
Remove your finger from button. 
Remove the device from the charging cable.
Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Woke up to a black screen. Charged it fully this morning. It's capturing data but thats it. Tried resetting by holding the button.  No smiley face. 

Best Answer

Tried that. Didn't work.

Best Answer

Thank you for the suggestion, but it didn’t work. I’ve tried every trouble shooting technique available and they just won’t fix this. I think the idea is that Fitbit wants us to have to replace these pretty regularly and I’m not doing that anymore. Feels like a huge waste of money when it barely lasts one year.

Best Answer

Hi all, At approximately 10:00 a.m. Eastern time on March 16th, my Fitbit Charge 3 screen also went black with 62% battery life remaining. It is tracking data but the display on the tracking device itself is dark. Hoping there is a solution, or some easy correction that we don't yet know about. And if I have to replace the device, it will not be with a Fitbit. No confidence if this can't be corrected. Same thing happened with the Motorola smartphone, and the forums were flooded with users complaining about loss of battery power. I ditched the Motorola brand for good. Will do also with Fitbit if their goal is to get us to continue replacing the product. That is not going to happen. A competitor will get my business. Hoping I am wrong here. 

Best Answer

Has anyone ever determined why these charge 3 displays always fail like clockwork?  It's curious but the original one I had with a dim display was replaced, and the replacement started dimming as well, and showed missing lines, eventually going completely out,but I continued using it only by the data synched to the app, and never bothering to try reading the now invisibile display.

The other day, the heart rate monitor no longer recorded, so I took it upon myself to try a reset, which brought back the green led, but it still didn't record the HR, only basic calories counting from some unknown metric.

I then made the fatal error of trying to replace it to reinstall the device, but forgot it requires the entry of a four digit passcode to complete the process. The watch is sending the passcode but because I can't read it at all there's no way to try reinstalling it again. Dead in the water. Not sure if I could have recorded the original passcode back when I first installed it or if it's a new one every time it goes through the process but either way I'm not going to be guessing through the thousand possibilities.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was actually considering getting a replacement charge 3 even though apparently discontinued, but it's very odd the prices are still so high on Amazon and the standard sources, unless it's become just a collectible or something.

69 for an ebay one with no warranty support was the only possible option, but after finding out the issues these invariably developed with their displays, I'll have to pass. Too bad they have this passcode requirement on installation, as I could have continued to make do without looking at the display and rely only on the synch data on the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that.  No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree.  They have lost my business too.  I had the same thing happen and my friends did the same after 13 months. Just out of warranty and she was told she could have a 20% discount on a new one.  She declined and went with a different brand.  My thoughts exactly.

Best Answer

Same as all the other comments.  I will pursue a competitor if something this simple can't be corrected.  I have tried all the suggestions to no avail.  My display went out about 6 weeks ago - but the tracking still functional.  Weird how this happened to so many of us at he same relative time - likely many more though that have just given up.

It also seems that Fitbit is not the least bit interested in getting this corrected and are also willing to lose customers so easily.  Are there any other ideas that have been suggested?

Best Answer
When I bought a Fitbit for the first time, it was one of the simple ones
with no clock face at all. That was 7 years ago and with Charge 3 I liked
the variety of things it gives me data about.; I plan to shop around
though, to see what is out there. I have heard good things about Apple but
fear it is out of my price range.
Best Answer
0 Votes