Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 developed white lines on screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 has suddenly developed these vertical white lines running down the screen. I can no longer swipe up or to the side either, though tapping the screen still seems to work. I've tried a reboot (hold button for 8 seconds) but no change. I also tried changing the clock face, but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

IMG_5251.jpg

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

Hi, I got my charge 3 as a Christmas present and I'm having the same issues. I have tried resetting it 5 times - unfortunately this hasn't helped. Could you please let me know what I should do.

Best regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I am also experiencing the same white lines and I’ve tried everything.  I’m completely frustrated.  Is there a link to contact Fitbit support?  I’m not sure where to go to get this fixed.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Yes fit bit support will assist you - they were very helpful. I don’t have the link with me but you can get there via the support part on the app.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I have white lines on my screen. They developed over night apparently because when I woke up the display appeared off. My fitbit would not reset when I tried multiple times to hold for 8 seconds and release. I am wondering what solution we can come up with.

Thanks!

Kyle

Best Answer
0 Votes

This exact thing happened to me today.  I tried the hard reboot three times to no avail.  Any solution would be great to hear to resolve this issue.  

Best Answer

Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit via Chat and we went thru a bunch of remedies but none worked.  We discovered my unit was still under warranty so they are sending me a new one.  I hope this one lasts longer than 7 months.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am also having this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit has the grey lines as the others , please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

If anyone is having the same issues, contact fitbit through your app. I have never experienced such good customer service.  Excellent !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Same issue, and included some pictures : reboot , changed clock version > no solution

I have contacted fitbit by the following link : https://help.fitbit.com/?l=nl_NL&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Hope they will find a solution as I like this device 🙂

IMG_8657.JPGIMG_8658.JPGIMG_8659.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck! They were very helpful to me.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Contacted support by telephone in the Netherlands today. Told me that they would send me an email with additional questions. Anyone experience how long it takes to receive an email from customer support ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
A week.
Best Answer

It took approximately a week. Within 3 weeks I received a new fitbit. Super service.

Best Answer

This "white lines" look like a common problem for Charge 3 from this forum. It definitely looks like a hardware quality or design issue. Does it only happen for some batches or every Charge 3 out there?

After reading this, I am not sure if I still want to consider a Charge 3. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Best Answer

There is always room for improvement. Pretty sure this will be taken in account with future versions. However, the support is great and as long as the problem can be fixed I am satisfied. Twitter is the way to go when contacting support Robot Happy

Best Answer

I received a replacement charge 3 and now I’m having problems with that one.  It went to a black screen and won’t charge. It’s been a month!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is really bad luck. I was given the choice for a replacement or 50 percent discount on another model. 

Have you contacted support again? I can imagine when you get a replacement offer to go for the 50% discount on another model if it suits your requirements.

But again, bad luck for you 😕

Best Answer

Received my replacement yesterday. Very happy with it, and thanks for the support team. Great job 😉

Best Answer