Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display corrupted

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3, which is about 6 weeks old has developed a dead horizontal line about 1/5 of the way down the screen. It's like a dead pixel, but extends right across the screen and always remains black. It's not too much of a problem; info is still easy to read, but it's clearly a fault and may get worse. I intend to return it for an exchange, but am posting to let other users know about this issue.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. 

Thank you for the details shared and the troubleshooting tried. If you're experiencing difficulties with the Charge 3 display please restart it by doing the following: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable

As of now this thread will be closed but remember that if you continue experiencing the same after the restart, you could contact our Support team, they'll be happy to assist. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
828 REPLIES 828

See between 00 and the top of the circleSee between 00 and the top of the circle

Photo of the dead line on screen

Best Answer

It's great to welcome you @Fruch.

I appreciate the image attached and would like to know if you have tried to restart your tracker? If you haven't, I suggest restarting it by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi @AlejandraFitbit, thanks for your reply. I have reset the Charge 3 as you suggested, but unfortunately the line is still there. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Fruch. Since the restart process didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Robot wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks Alejandra. Will do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am noticing several horizontal lines developing on my screen as well. My Charge3 is about 6 weeks old

Best Answer

My fitbit charge 3 is having the exact same problem and also did not correct with a reset. I purchased this device October 9. I too could send a photo but this chat doesn't accept it because the file it too big.

Can you help me as well @AlejandraFitbit

Best Answer

Hi, I'm having the same issue except I have 7 or 8 dead horizontal lines through my display. 

I've been restarting it multiple times a day for a week and the dead pixels stay in the same place.

I bought my charge 3 October 18th.

Thanks.

Best Answer

@Ebreid52@vega263 @KimD. can I ask if any of you are swimmers? I did wonder if the unit is not as waterproof as expected which could be causing the fault.

In any event, Fitbit have replaced my device, so do bear that in mind when you contact them. Good luck!

Best Answer

@Fruch I haven't been swimming with the charge 3 yet, I just wipe it clean with a wet towel.

I was afraid the only fix would be replacing it.

That sucks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not a swimmer and have never put my fitbit in water so I'm sure this
is not a part of the issue.

Thanks though. I hope my problem will be rectified too.

KimD.
Best Answer

Hi guys, I hope you are doing well.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your trackers and would like to know if you have already tried the restart process? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at my previous post and perform the restart procedure.

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the restart immediately and have done it a time or two since but still have the dead line through the top of my display. Thank you so much for your assistance.

As there are a number of people who are experiencing the same problem I'm sure it was just possibly a bad batch.

Kim Driskell

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @KimD..

Since the restart process didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The dark horizontal line just showed up on my Charge 3 display today (near the top).  I bought it on Black Friday, so I'll probably just return it to Best Buy and hope for the best with the replacement.  I returned my first Charge 3 because it was under-counting my steps badly.  I've never had this many hardware issues with a Fitbit tracker before.    Smiley Sad

Best Answer

Your best bet would be to go back to Best Buy. I started requesting assistance on Dec 04 and still have no resolution even though my case was elevated and I gave them photographic evidence of my issue. They told me they would email my warranty options and left it there. No email or communication at all. 

Best Answer

I also have exactly same issue, there are dead horizontal lines on top of the display. I have updated to the latest firmware, and I also have rebooted it several times as suggested, yet the problem persists.

I just bought my Charge 3 few weeks ago when I traveled overseas, and I don't think I can return it to the shop where I bought it. 

Please help. Thanks.

Best Answer

They are replacing mine. I'm sure if you communicate with Admin here they will help you too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same issue has appeared on my fitbit charge 3 screen, my husband brought me it for Christmas (brought it Friday before and was set up Christmas day) so it isn't even a month old! Have reset it multiple times with it not helping.. 

Best Answer