Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display corrupted

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3, which is about 6 weeks old has developed a dead horizontal line about 1/5 of the way down the screen. It's like a dead pixel, but extends right across the screen and always remains black. It's not too much of a problem; info is still easy to read, but it's clearly a fault and may get worse. I intend to return it for an exchange, but am posting to let other users know about this issue.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
828 REPLIES 828
I have had good luck with the inspire. And I wear mine in the water all the
time for a couple of hours at a time.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had mine replaced once, but got the same problem with the new one within a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine has just developed light vertical lines down the centre of the screen. I have had it about 4 months. I have tried the restart option but no luck. Has anyone else had this issue?

Best Answer

Soon you will have NO screen. Blackness. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They may have replaced it with a refurbished one. That was a fairly common
occurrence with replacements. I went down a line to Inspire and haven't had
any trouble.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately it could not be fixed so it’s being replaced.  Fitbit guys were very helpful 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just got a mailer from Sams Club that the Fitbit 4 is going on sale Nov 20-29 th for $89.88 ($50 off) their regular price !!
Anyone know if the FB 4 has similar problems as the 3 ??

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine’s been black for a while. Still counts everything, then the weather gets drier and I get some display. Ordered charge 4 through work yesterday. Hopefully it won’t have that issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. 

Thank you for the details shared and the troubleshooting tried. If you're experiencing difficulties with the Charge 3 display please restart it by doing the following: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable

As of now this thread will be closed but remember that if you continue experiencing the same after the restart, you could contact our Support team, they'll be happy to assist. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer