Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display corrupted

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have barely had my Fitbit 3 a month, and there is a black line going down the center of the screen. Anyone know what to do about this?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
140 REPLIES 140

A warm welcome to the Community @Za3hwilson.

If your tracker's display is corrupted, I recommend restarting the device by following the instructions provided in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

If this process doesn't work, perform a long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I did both reboot and the shutdown and the line is still there. After I did the long shutdown, the screen was frozen for about 2 minutes, then when it turned back on I has 50% less battery. I started at 65%, now I have 15%.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

I have some thing similar happen to my Fitbit 2 last year. A black line showed up across the screen about 6 months after I bought it, then about 3 months later the Fitbit died. I never got it to work again, which is why I bought a 3. But now it is showing the same line, and I've only had this one about a month. I love the Fitbit, but they dont seem to have a long life.

I did both reboot and the shutdown and the line is still there. After I did the long shutdown, the screen was frozen for about 2 minutes, then when it turned back on I has 50% less battery. I started at 65%, now I have 15%.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Za3hwilson.

Since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. Man Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the reboot and it worked! And then about 12 hours later, the lines appeared again randomly. I’ve been trying to do the reboot again, but it doesn’t seem to be working, lines are still appearing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you here @DyMo555.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue. Since the instructions you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have tried this and my Fitbit still has lines through it. It’s gotten worse over the past few weeks. First it was one line and now it is multiple!!!

Best Answer

F0973C59-B69B-4DB8-A37B-ABE8023D69B6.jpeg

Best Answer

Completed the restart and line is still there.

Best Answer

I tried everything in this thread but my screen still has lines through the display. Help?

Best Answer

Wife's Charge 3 has vertical lines.  Problem started shortly after the most recent software update.

Followed the instructions for restarting and then for the alternate reset instructions.  No change.

The vertical lines vary in width and are coloured from white through black.

Best Answer
I did live chat with someone at Fitbit’s site. After several attempts to fix they said it would be replaced with a new one as I was still covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone, please pardon any typos
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for posting.  Armed with your success story, I called Fitbit and a replacement Fitbit is now in the mail.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yay!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello AlejandraFitbit,

I want to thank you for that advice, but I have already tried those quick fixes and they did not work. Not sure what to do next, can you give me some advice on how to send it back?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
I contacted Fitbit in their website and utilized live chat. After conversation it was determined to be under warranty and they replaced it. Hope that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried both restarting my Fitbit and performing the long shut down, of which neither have worked. My screen display is not working correctly, pauses between seconds so they jump randomly & my screen touch barely works anymore. Could I please get some help with this? Thank you!

Best Answer
Contact FitBit directly. I had live chat and they walked me through some other steps. Nothing fixed it but it was still under warranty so they sent me a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the approximate turnaround time for a replacement?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Quick. Within 6 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes