Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display corrupted

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have barely had my Fitbit 3 a month, and there is a black line going down the center of the screen. Anyone know what to do about this?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
140 REPLIES 140

No didn’t make a difference 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlejandraFitbit, I performed the restart and the long restart. Unfortunately, after step 7, the screen still stays blank. What other thoughts do you have? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I took mine back to the shop I got it from it was still under guarantee so I got a refund x

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Alejandra 

it did not correct the screen issue.  I’m so disappointed 

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m sorry , I couldn’t correct mine I took it back to the shop and got my money back x

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It’s sad that the product does not seem to be as good anymore 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the short and long version of the restart and nothing is fixing the problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, it is very obvious that the company knows that the Charge 3 is not a quality product yet the continue to sell it and refuse to correct the issue for most of us.  I am so terribly disappointed in their lack of accountability.  This is definitely a company that experienced growth and has forgotten that with growth comes responsibility and if you fail to manufacture and sell a quality product consumers will seek alternatives that they can depend on to work.  I wish everyone on this post luck, I know for me I had to save up to purchase the Charge 3 and it has not worked as intended leaving me very angry that I have wasted my money on an obviously defective product that should go back to the R&D phase.

Best Answer

Hi McDougal,

these are my thoughts exactly!  You did a great job expressing the sentiment!  Fitbit was a great company when they started but I have definitely noticed a decline in the product and customer service over the years.  I think my first fitbit worked the best.  I am still questioning how this wrist device was corrupted when it only goes from my arm to the charger!  Thanks for you help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No idea plug the fitbit in and holded it for 8 seconds then it went to this bar loading thing then went to a smile face...

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am having the same problem and from this forum it appears this is a common problem.  I restarted my Charge 3 but the display is still corrupeted with stripes.  What is being done about this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have given up. My warranty has run out and couldn’t find my receipt and the same instructions how to reset Still doesn’t work just a blank screen. I have replaced it myself. My daughters worked fine. Wonder if this could have been a faulty batch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t think so, it a well known fault apparently x
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same problem. I did the normal and the long reboot several times, but did not fix it :(. Can you please help me out?

Kind regards, 

Jeanine 

15809687107444556226370031848280.jpg

Best Answer

Hi, 

I have the same problem as Jeanine91, but I think it's even worse. Now my screen doesn't lighten up unless it's charging and the text appearing on the tracker looks very shaky. I've tried everything and the problem doesn't seem to be fixed. 
Could you please help me out?

Thanks,

Simona

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Simona, 

I got in touch with fitbit support via a Twitter dm, they helped me out. Got a replacement offer & send me a new fitbit right away. Great support! 

Best Answer

I tried both things multiple times and it only made the battery and display worse, is there anything else i can do? Also it’s now two minutes behind.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit has vertical lines. They appeared overnight. I wear it while I work and to bed to calculate my steps and measure how much sleep I get. How do I get rid of the lines??

Best Answer

Mine happened after I charged it have read every thing on the replies and tried them all . I have gone out of warranty.
I’ve always had a Fitbit and haven’t thought about going for anything else . 
This is my second one and it’s really disappointing. 
Hope you are still under warranty and get yours sorted .. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called support and received no satiffaction.  They stated that this is not a known problem and that since I recevied my FitBit Charge 3 for Christmas 2018, it was out of warranty and t;hey could not do anything except offer a 25% discount on the full price item from the FitBit Store ($169.99).  1 year and almost 2 months of use and their product goes bad but they will not do anything to satify the customer.  This is poor customer services and why would I spend so much money an anotehr FitBit if the same thing will happen.  I am very disappointed with this product.  Does anyone know of a similar product that is more reliable.  I will not buy another FitBit product.

Best Answer
0 Votes