Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display corrupted

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have barely had my Fitbit 3 a month, and there is a black line going down the center of the screen. Anyone know what to do about this?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
140 REPLIES 140

I have tried all the suggestions of turning on and off, holding button for so long etc.  But the problem is still there and progressing by the day. This is the second battery/face I have had in the year of having the charge 3.  The last one went light and vertical lines, this time all the info had gone into horizontal lines. Any more suggestions of what to try

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call Fitbit customer service. They walkEd me through several steps and determined it unfixable. It was under warranty, so they sent me a new one.

Sent from my iPhone, please pardon any typos
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did call customer service but my FitBit Charge 3 is out of warranty by 1 and half months and they will not replace it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue as others on the forum with grey lines on the face of my Charge 3. I have tried a normal restart and the long restart, neither of which worked. I would be grateful for help with this. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit directly. Chat with them. If it’s within warranty timeframe, they will replace it.

Sent from my iPhone, please pardon any typos
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did.  This is now the 3rd charge 3 display that I am using 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Jogger. I'll do that. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
My charge was 1 month over the warranty expiration and they would not do anything.
their response certainly soured me on the company and I will not be buying another Fitbit product.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try and push for consumer rights as it is a fault that would be  a call back if it was a car. Under consumer rights, I think you have upto 6 years from date of purchase, I have exercised this with a ring and laptop before, when you read through there are loads of people that have this issue with the fitbit Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have woken up this morning to the same problem and tried all of the restarts and nothing has worked? What should I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've emailed support directly with a photo of my screen and await reply.
Given the current situation I'm not expecting an immediate response. Good
luck with yours.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Do you have a contact email address please? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
From the fitbit website, click on contact usSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to the bottom of the Fitbit webpage and click on support - that takes
you to various options including email. Good luck

--
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. I don't understand why FitBit is not trying to resolve this issue. Don't they care about their reputation.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, which started late yesterday, that the Charge 3 display is corrupted from top to bottom towards the left side of the middle.  The line runs trough the hour number and the left number of the pulse rate.  I did both the short and longer restart and neither worked to remove or fix the line.  Please advise.  Thank you GramE

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to support and they were great. Mine was still in warranty and they're replacing it. Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Didn’t work for me either 😡

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to call customer support and go through trouble shooting with them.
They were unable to help with the problem either so the solution was for me
to get a whole new Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks did you have to call?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes