Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 doesn't register Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 stopped recording sleep stages for last 4 days.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Thanks for getting back to us @trashachinaMANX. Thank you for letting us know that your Charge 3 stopped recording your Sleep Stages.

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Do you experience one of the previous mentioned things?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, The Fitbit problem isn't any of the reasons that you mention.It's worked perfectly except for the last four days and I  haven't altered it in any way.I reset it yesterday and it hasn't made any difference. Still no Stages last night.Thank you for your response, can you think of something other than the above, please?Tricia Fitzpatrick 
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your question @trashachinaMANX.

I would  recommend syncing your Charge 3 and setting it up again as a replacement device. Please follow the instructions of help article:  How do I set up a replacement device or add a second device to my account?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, I give up.I've tried everything to get my sleep stages back and nothing is working.Every other setting is giving me the information as it should...except sleep stages and obviously blood/oxygen.As suggested, I  set up a replacement Fitbit and this hasn't worked either. Thank you for your response.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @trashachinaMANX.

I understand how frustrating this could be and when did you try setting up your Charge 3 as a replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried the replacement Fitbit yesterday afternoon after I had exhausted every other avenue.Obviously this was before your last email but I already knew that it was unsuccessful  so no point in going through the same motion.I really have tried everything....uninstalled, reinstalled the App, wiped my phone, started from scratch and no change.Thank you for your reply.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had exactly the same problem as yourself. I received a replacement device last week and except for one night it has still not displayed my sleep stages!  I have contacted customer help and they have sent a returns note for yet another replacement! It seems to me there is a glitch in either the device or the Fitbit app. I must admit it’s very frustrating because it’s been weeks since it stopped showing the sleep data. It seems to be an intermittent fault as I did get the odd night’s sleep data. In all fairness, I can’t complain about the help they have given me. Everything they suggested didn’t solve the problem, so I will be receiving a further device which - hopefully will get me back on track.

Best Answer
Hi, glad it's not just me then, however, I'm ready to bin mine now.  My problems escalated in that it wouldn't even illuminate (even when plugged in) so I couldn't get to the settings to reboot...again.Good luck with your next replacement, just shouldn't have all these problems.Many thanks for your response.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would push for a replacement - if it’s still in warranty of course ! It’s really odd as I hadn’t had any issues with it until the last month or so. Everything else worked perfectly except suddenly the sleep stages data just stopped showing - bar for an odd occasion.
Keeping my fingers crossed the replacement will fair better! Regards Gerry

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Gerry,Your problem appears to be a mirror image of mine.  Working fine, then, out of the blue, no sleep stages.  Wondering how there are only 3/4 of us with this issue, or maybe it's too much trouble which is why I  have given up.I reckon that mine is probably outside of the guarantee period, it's 18 months old now.Realistically I think that I should try another brand as I  have family members who have also had problems with Fitbit.Good luck,Tricia.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your experience @Sheepman.

I understand how frustrating this could be and the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Andrea,Thank you, again, but I have actually binned the Charge 3. It really was a nightmare to the point where the screen went black even though fully charged and nothing I did would illuminate it.But...I  have now bought the Fitbit Luxe.  I set it up today and it seems very good.  Now I  hope that this will last longer than 18 months.Hopefully I won't be bothering you again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and I´m sorry to hear about your Charge 3 @trashachinaMANX.

I'm glad to hear that you opted for the Fitbit Luxe. I have it and it works great for me. 😊

You don't bother at all, we're here to help. Have an amazing day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your contact message AndreaFitbit. I have had an immediate response from the Customer help chat and received a returns label for a replacement Charge 3. I returned the problem device yesterday and once it’s received at the warehouse, they will arrange a replacement to be shipped to me. It has been a long running saga regarding the sleep stages not showing on the Fitbit App - hopefully a new device will rectify the problem. I have no complaints in how I have received assistance to get me back on track. It’s has been frustrating because it has worked intermittently but only on the very odd occasion! Thank you.

Best Answer
I didn’t know the replacement was a Luxe - is that device similar to a Charge 3 which I have returned?
Regards Gerry

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us, for sharing your experience and for your question @Sheepman.

I believe that @trashachinaMANX bought the Luxe. Our team should tell you which device they are going to send you. You can check Luxe features here.

Best Answer
Hi Gerry, I actually only bought the Luxe this afternoon so I'm still getting to grips with it.It's very small but actually much more illuminated than the Charge 3 and easy to read.  It's also in colour which adds to the ability to see.Can't wait to see how the sleeping pattern registers tomorrow morning.Regards Tricia.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for your comments @trashachinaMANX

Please let us know how it went with your sleeping pattern registers.

Have a wonderful day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Andrea,I couldn't be happier with the Luxe.  Sleep pattern is great.  Wish I had had this version before now.It does everything that I need.  Fingers crossed that it continues.Thank you for asking.Kind regards,Tricia.
Best Answer
0 Votes