Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 exercise tracking stopping by itself

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I’m new for the Fitbit community since I got the Charge 3 as a present a couple of days ago. I was used to the Polar Watch that also has an exercise tracking mode but for some reason I cannot make the Fitbit one work properly. I select the exercise in the watch, put start and the “Let’s go”. It will start tracking for 5-15min until it stops by itself. 

The first couple of minutes I can see it tracking the excercise and heart rate but it will automatically go back to the main screen after a couple of minutes without me realizing. Then I can check in then app that the watch just tracked a bit of it before stopping it. Sometimes it will start “automatically” tracking an excercise after stopping the manual track so I still get data but not as accurate (in time and type of excercise)

- I have not pressed anything during the workout

- Tried setting a “time goal” but still stopped by itself after a couple of minutes

- Turned it off from the watch (with the setting options) and tried again. Still stops mid workout

- Restarted it by pressing the side button for a while until I saw the happy face. Still keeps stopping mid workout 

have been fighting with it for a while. 6 times in different types of workout already and always failed, so I’m starting to get frustrated. It does track my heart rate thus some of the calories burned are shown and sometimes it does automatically track exercise but not always accurate (yesterday got “elliptical exercise” even though I was walking in the treadmill for cool down 😐

Am I doing something wrong or is it the watch’s problem?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the information @Jifushin. Since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
49 REPLIES 49

A warm welcome to the Community @Jifushin.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. When doing exercise you might be able to touch your tracker's display with a sleeve of clothes and it might cause it to stop registering your exercise. Is this your case? If so, I recommend avoiding to touch your Charge 3 display during a workout.

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly that’s not the case since I wear short sleeves at the gym and don’t touch my wrists at any moment (that’s also why I don’t exactly know when it stops tracking the excercise)

Today I tried rebooting it again (with the charger option and waiting for the smile face) and to log out and in again from my account in the app but nothing. It stopped recording at 15:53 without me touching or doing anything (before it stopped at 16min, 15:13, 3:21, 3:49... so is not even an even time each time but it just suddenly stops)

tried with the treadmill and the kickboxing excercise shortcuts and nothing... 

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @Jifushin. Since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! 

Hope I can solve it soon 😊

Best Answer

Mines doing this too now! Received for Christmas as an upgrade from the charge 2 and right now I’m very disappointed.... I’m a personal trainer running with clients and every single run counts for me- yet I can’t log any! Ran 10k Sunday(I know the route so I know it’s 10k) yet every 10/15 mins in after starting run I get a message on the watch saying “do you wish to start run” or words that effect... I’d started the run several times over by this point. 

My watch is still in the 30 day return period for the watch so depending on your response I’ll wait out. 

The sad thing is, 10-15 of my running group clients have already asked about the new watch and I’ve advised to not bother... most have charge 2’s or others and I’m already finding myself advising against Fitbit and go for something more reliable with a better pace alert function. 

Hopefully I’ll hear some news ASAP on this before I send back to Store... 

Best Answer

Hello there!

I didn’t reply this post but my problem was solved!

I talked with the support team and they gave me an update. Once I did it it worked without problems. Been using it without issues since then.

The update did not show up until they checked it. So no idea if you can check it manually or should contact the support team, but is a software problem so there’s nothing wrong with the watch itself!

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

I’ll give this a go! Just need to find out how to contact em now.... 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to welcome you @DeltacharliePT and @Jifushin appreciate the update.

Thanks for troubleshooting this exercise issue by yourselves. @Jifushin it's great to know that you issue has been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

@DeltacharliePT, I would like to know if you have checked what our friend said? Are you still having this issue?

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does this too. What is solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @personreal, welcome to the Community.

If your exercises are stopping by themselves, I recommend checking that the "Auto Pause" option is off. You can check the How do I turn off the auto-pause feature on my Fitbit device? help article for more information.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
The only exercise that shows a setting option is running and the auto pause is off. So this happens during regular workouts and how do i control it? Doesn’t happen all the time? What do I do?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Thanks for the information @personreal.

Since the issue isn't this option, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also same issue for me.  Just spoke to customer service.  They want me to report back tomorrow before manually changing one of the tracked workouts.  

Best Answer

I am with you on this----interested to watch our journey.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. The last 2 days I have over 30 active minutes yet it’s not updating in the weekly exercise area of the app on my iPhone. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. My “Workout” stopped halfway through today. Please help. 

Best Answer

Having same issue as many here.  My Tennis Exercise session stops without any action from me.  Over a 2 hr period,  my Charge3 stopped my Exercise twice and I had to restart each time.  

I don’t see any specific fix for this yet in this thread 

MS

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 2 days of messages back and forth to Fitbit- they replaced my watch! No troubleshooting worked for me and they sent me a new tracker which is working perfectly. Clearly some faulty watches out there. Best wishes- Dave 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has only happened to me yesterday. I rowed 10k with it, using weights to track the effort. Then, I went for a bike ride, because I was still 200 calories short of my 700 calorie goal. 

I stopped the weights workout, and started the bike ride and set up a bike ride for a 200 calorie goal. After about 26 calories, I rode on some more, looked again, and got the clock face. The workout stopped without me stopping it. The goal wasn't met yet. 

I set it up again, a few minutes later, again it stopped. The only thing I could think it could be is the vibration from the road, to the handlebars of the bike, having some impact on the watch. It's only happened on the bike ride - not on the rower, not while using weights. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer