Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 floors count is too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Floors are out wildly  I so wanted to love the charge 3,but its turning out to be a bit glitchy  it's not even windy ! 😞

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Just wake up and already climb 12 floors 🙄

Best Answer
Wow, you sure are dedicated even in your sleep😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been fixed? My Fitbit is showing that I climbed 208 flights today, which I can assure you is not correct. It looks like mine started going crazy early to mid-December. It was totally fine before that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I haven’t gotten a fix.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m with you. So fed up and Fitbit is doing nothing to address it (that they’re sharing anyway). I honestly can’t believe they are still selling these with the claim that it counts floors. Totally false advertising as they absolutely know there is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Nope.  I just spoke with a representative today and she says their engineers are still working on it (i.e., they're doing nothing about it)
Seems like Fitbit is too confident about its products to care that they're not working as promised.  There are so many other options now, I will no longer purchase any more Fitbits in the future, waste of money and hassle.
Best Answer

I sold my Apple Watch to go back to Fitbit for the community/challenge aspect. I do regret it. The most frustrating part is that I bought my boyfriend a Charge 3 at the exact same time and his doesn’t seem to have issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. I’m over it, mostly because of Fitbit’s arrogance about it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I just got two floors today. Once from walking around the dining room table and the other from walking on a treadmill that isn't even set to incline.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm confused about why Fitbit doesn't at least address these user concerns. I came looking on the forums to see if there is a resolution because mine is acting similarly. Frustrating to see no real answers from Fitbit besides "restart". Most users have already done that before coming to the forums for issues.

Best Answer
Exactly. Apparently they think they are so popular now that they can start ignoring customer concerns. Big mistake.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same problem here. Went up the stairs in my house 4 times today but after going on morning walk my Fitbit shows  23 flights of stairs! Ridiculous!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You sold your Apple Watch to get a fitbit? 

Oh dear, Apple Watch is really cool and their app is advanced IMO. .. And Fitbit is ermmm so 2014...   🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And yet you’re reading and replying to Fitbit forums? The Watch had many features I didn’t need or use, and I was able to sell it at a decent price after using it for a year. To each their own. That’s why there is such a variety of products on the market. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. For me it was more the company attitude  Pretend there's nothing wrong, tell people how to restart their device and blah blah blah and never update anything  It's arrogance but it's also really bad business practice as that attitude pisses people off. I personally think the company's in trouble .. 

Best Answer

My friends use Apple  I'm an Android user... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought Fitbit Charge 3. Everything was perfect. Track exercises, heart rate, steps but now the Fitbit is counting the flights of stairs incorrectly. Any solution for this issue?  What do the engineers say about this problem?  Is there any way to manually correct the wrong data?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't seen an answer for this yet.  I have a Charge 2 and my husband has a Charge 3.  Both of our floors started going nuts last Saturday 3/23.  At first we thought it was because of a winter storm and extremely high winds but that is over.  I've done 7 - 8 stairs today (probably less) but my fitbit Charge 2 shows 59 floors.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit seems to be consciously ignoring this thread because I know they monitor them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had the floor problem with my original Charge 3. The warranty is one year from purchase so I pushed customer service on the problem. I got them to replace my Charge 3 with a new one. Problem has been solved. Seems like an issue with original units. Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes