Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 floors count is too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Floors are out wildly  I so wanted to love the charge 3,but its turning out to be a bit glitchy  it's not even windy ! 😞

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

somehow I got 20 floors at yoga last night & 20 in the shower this morning..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now on my 3rd Charge 3, first month wearing it.  The stair count is still way off.  This is no longer the "original" or 1st Gen Charge 3 so it looks like it will never be fixed.  

The reason I got this new one wasn't because of the erroneous stair counts but it started dying and freezing.  Charge 3 is a piece of junk.

Best Answer
Did they replace it for you twice already? I still need to call for a replacement. I’ve been putting it off because I know it will be a hassle. I’m back to using my Charge 2 which counts floors correctly, but once it dies I’m never buying another Fitbit. The lack of response or concern for the issue is appalling, especially since they monitor these forums.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My floor count has been about right for months -- no flights climbed no flights counted, occasionally a steep hill or some stairs and one or two flights counted, but it has been back out to lunch again, counting flights of steps when pulling weeds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this is the 2nd time they replaced it.  I sent back the other one before they would send me the new one.

ItaI not too much of a hassle.  They just want you to try all their resets, etc. Once that doesn't work, I asked for another one since it's still under warranty.

I gave my Mom my Charge 2 but that still works great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my second one but I have put it in the drawer. I am using an Amazfit Bip smartwatch as well as a Withings HR Sport hybrid. Both are very accurate and trouble free. The Bip battery lasts over 25 days and the Withings lasts around 20. I recommend the Bip as an alternate for Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the tip! I’m definitely looking for alternatives!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting erroneous floors while mowing with my charge 3. 56 floors when mowing today. Looking back at other people having this issue, chainsaw, mowing, etc. it seems like the issue could be caused by vibration.

FITBIT - Have you looked at the possibility that the floors are recorded in error if the device is on a vibrating hand?

Would REALLY like to see this fixed. Seeing posts from years ago about it.

Thank you.

Best Answer

I live in Florida....flat land.  I live in a single story house....no steps at all.  I get 5 or more flights of stairs every day.  How does this happen?

Best Answer

I do seem to get flights of stairs while mowing but I get even more when weeding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The altimeter on the C3 is totally not working right, I’ve seen so many posts about it. I could ignore that, but when all my other data went crazy I contacted Support and am getting a new tracker sent to me- heart rate started going nuts and that messed up active minutes and sleep details.

Best Answer

Today, my Charge 2 counted 259 floors.  I barely climbed any steps today.  I really don't care too much about the stairs unless this affects the estimated calories I burned or active minutes.  Does anyone know if the floor count affects anything else?  Or, do those just rely on heart rate and detected movement?

Best Answer

Wow, hadn’t heard of this with a charge 2, but I would also like to know!  My 3 month old C3 went really crazy last week showing heart rates of 150+ and active minutes of 300-600, crazy sleep details plus the high stair count! They are replacing mine because the heart rate part controls the active minutes and sleep data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Chat Support was very good to me, my C3 started giving lots of crazy data, they had me try a fix one time and wait until next day to see if sleep data was correct. Got a case number, called back next day because fix didn’t work and they immediately began replacement process. My only complaint right now is it’s taking so long to get here and I sold my C2 so I don’t have a backup.

Best Answer

My floor count is off as well, charge3 says I've climbed 7 floors today but haven't used any stairs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completed the restart. My floors are always still in the 20s if I walk outside, no hills. I'm thinking about getting a different product 😳

Best Answer

I just upgraded from Charge 2 to Charge3. Today was my first full day of wearing it. It recorded 43 flights of stairs and the numbers are exactly the time I was driving to and from work. All the complaints I read were from Oct 2018 and there was a Fitbit reply that indicated a fix was in the works. That was 8 months ago! What happened? I never had that problem with my Charge2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After just getting a Charge 3, I will tell you that I am having more trouble with it than I ever did with my Charge 2. The only problem I had with the Charge 2 was the stair issue, but it didn't bother me much as long as it didn't affect my other readings. The Charge 3 has been one problem after another. I returned the Charge 3 that I bought initially and exchanged it for a new one, so I am hoping that will fix most of the problems. I'm regretting giving up my Charge 2 just because I wanted to wear a tracker in the pool. I should have just manually logged my pool time and left it at that.

Thank you,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Have restarted and no difference...motorcycle riding gives me 2 - 300 floors a day...i guess i get it with vibrations etc...BUT...walking and knowing I've only done 20-30 floors, and charge 3 shows 99 right now...restarts do nothing for this problem...6 months old and band broke (you replaced) and now this...WTH?

Best Answer

I was in Vegas with my sister. She has the same Fitbit as me. Mine was counting too many floors. Hers not. And we walked and do the same thing exactly 

Best Answer
0 Votes