Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 floors count is too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Floors are out wildly  I so wanted to love the charge 3,but its turning out to be a bit glitchy  it's not even windy ! 😞

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Since fitbit sees this.. Is there any fix to this overcounting floors other than the default "reset" generic reply? Not being rude, just need to know because this was a gift, that will be returned real soon, if it cant even keep track of a mile drive not being a scyscraper amount of floors. 

Best Answer

I agree with your sentiment @Davebrat .  The "solutions" offered and marked as "accepted" are little more than excuses.  I average 150 floors a week, although I live in a flat neighborhood and have no stairs or elevators.  Customer Support has been unable to assist me other than sending me a warranty replacement Charge 3 that performs exactly the same way.  They are unwilling to continue to send me multiple replacements until they hit on one that works as it is supposed to.  I've suggested to Fitbit they allow us to turn the altimeter off until they get it fixed, but haven't seen any response from them about it. 

Since Fitbit isn't willing or doesn't know how to fix the problem, I'm wondering if there are any creative users out there that have found a solution.  Since I climb NO floors, I am not interested in floor counts (other than if I have it, it should be accurate) I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to disable the altimeter?  Nail polish or duct tape over the altimeter opening perhaps???  Cramming a paper clip into the hole???  Filling the hole with plastic wood???  I don't know, whatever works.  Any ideas???

Best Answer

@BobStein3  I have emailed them asking just simply, yes or no. No excuses. I just need to know wether to toss it, or like i have seen fitbit response say, do not stick anything in the altimeter hole. Why? Will it break it? Lol because its no good to us now as is. If theres a chance of it working then i can find a glue or something to cover whatever needs plugging. (if it works

They should be embarrassed. 

Best Answer
Will be interested to hear if you get a straight answer but I highly doubt it. They have no shame!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
My second one sits in a drawer. My OCD got the better of me and I could not
continue to look at the 40-50 extra floors every day.
Best Answer

I wonder why we even have this forum.  Everyone seems to have the same problem and no one from fit bit ever replies or offers any remedy.

Best Answer
Agreed. They are tired of hearing from us. I have gone back to a Pebble
Time using the Rebble software. Works great. Also I recommend the Amazfit
Bip.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I've updated my firmware to the latest 2 days ago and guess what?  The stair counts got even worse!  I walked one flight, it said 10.  

I know Fitbit doesn't care since I'm only one person but I've told at least 5 people NOT to ever buy one.  Spread the word and warn others off!

Best Answer

Floor count adds extra steps????   Anyone else seeing this?  I’ve ignored the stair/floor count thing bc it didn’t really matter. Super annoying that’s its bad info, but I didn’t realize it was adding extra steps! Fitbit- you out there?

Best Answer
Yes, I feel certain that the step count is often too high.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I haven't been able to tell whether there were extra steps or not, but I've always wondered how these bogus Floor counts affected my calorie count.

Best Answer

I am sad to hear of this @Davebrat .  I thought certain that plugging the hole would be a solution, but wasn't gutsy enough to try it first.  I guess we will either have to throw it away or live with it until/unless Fitbit gives us the option to turn the altimeter thing off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like a reasonable option- we can turn off other things like heart rate, they Sb able to offer that option for the altimeter!!

Best Answer

I just bought a Charge 3 and the altimeter seems to think I climb a lot!  I have no stairs in my home or work and I live in a flat town.  Help!?

Best Answer
Return it. Nothing but issues with floor counts.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They monitor these forums so they are intentionally ignoring this thread rather than address the problem. I haven’t noticed floor count affecting my number of steps (although now I’m concerned), but it does seem like recently I’m getting more “active minutes” than I think I’ve actually earned - anyone else notice that?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I haven't noticed any extra minutes or steps ... just extra floor counts
and I wonder about extra calories.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Many of us are having that exact problem @GraceFirst .  Customer Support couldn't fix it and sent me a replacement that also has the same problem.  I am retired, have no steps in my home and live in a flat town, yet my Charge 3 records and average of 150 floors a week!  Customer Support gave up and said they couldn't fix it and to post a note on the Forum here to ask Fitbit to give us the option of turning it off. Why have it if it's wrong, right?  Unfortunately, we've received no feedback from Fitbit about that.  If you find a solution, please share!  Oh, be forewarned...there are a number of threads about this problem marked as "solved" and "solution accepted" where the "solution" doesn't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But I like it otherwise. WendellW, Is there no fix?

Best Answer
None known. It’s up to you if you want to keep it and deal with the
inaccurate floor counts.
Best Answer