Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 floors count is too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Floors are out wildly  I so wanted to love the charge 3,but its turning out to be a bit glitchy  it's not even windy ! 😞

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Can you explain how floors equate to calculated calories? This seems to be onc of the questions that remain unanswered. If we knew how impactful the false floors were to our calorie counts, it would help us overall. 

Best Answer

I'm "replying" to myself just to comment on the new improved app screen.  It is nice that I now have the ability to completely HIDE the bogus Floor Counts that the Fitbit Charge 3 records ... at least in the app and on my desktop.  I still have to see the errors on the device itself though.

Nice try, Fitbit ... and I appreciate the effort, but it's still a failure.  Let us turn off the altimeter completely until / if you find a way to make it accurate!

Best Answer

My Charge 3 started miscounting floors about 9 months in. Now what used to be <10 floors in an average day has become 30+.  I have tried all the published fixes to no avail. I just read everyone’s comments, this is a terrible waste of money.  I won’t buy another nor will I recommend to anyone. Maybe my four year old will enjoy it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will not buy another Fitbit! I took the stair count icon off what I view on the app and ignore on my Fitbit- it’s really frustrating bc Fitbit used to be good! I’ll use this till it dies which probably won’t be long, it’s a warranty replacement I got after 1st on died 3 months in...

Best Answer

I have had this issue for months with nothing seeming to help. I live in a area that is completely flat, I have monitored the environmental conditions and don’t believe this is the issue. I also have restarted it and have tried everything recommended in these discussion boards with nothing helping. Please advise as I am trying to get into shape for my wedding and it is important to me to have accurate information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There has never been any resolution to this issue that I know of. I took it off my dashboard so I don’t see it. Good luck with getting in shape, keep working at it !  Between walking daily and following Noom ( online weight loss /healthy living app) I lost 24 lbs and kept it off the last year, despite the wacky Fitbit data

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I have never been able to get this floor count issue resolved. I
suggest you ignore it and concentrate on your steps.

Regards,

Wendell
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is clearly a hardware issue. they can't fix it...

Best Answer

Brand new Charge 3! Over counts stairs every day. I have tried all the potential fixes and the problem has not been resolved. Wish I would have read the boards before purchasing as this is a long standing problem! How sad when a company that used to make a good quality product lets it all go and doesn’t care about product or customers. 

Best Answer
Sorry you too are experiencing this problem. It has never been addressed or even acknowledged as a known issue by Fitbit (other than their standard troubleshooting, which we all know does not solve the problem). The thing that’s really disgusting is that they know this is a problem and still sell and market this product as an accurate tool for floor tracking. It’s downright dishonest false advertising. I’m still using mine until it dies, but when I need a replacement fitness tracker I will definitely be changing brands. Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry you too are experiencing this problem. It has never been addressed or even acknowledged as a known issue by Fitbit (other than their standard troubleshooting, which we all know does not solve the problem). The thing that’s really disgusting is that they know this is a problem and still sell and market this product as an accurate tool for floor tracking. It’s downright dishonest false advertising. I’m still using mine until it dies, but when I need a replacement fitness tracker I will definitely be changing brands. Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I have two Charge 3’s in a drawer. Cannot even sell them for a
decent price. I never was able to get this issue resolved.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I follow the link on how to manually override the ridiculously high stair count, the help page clearly indicates that you cannot Delete steps or floors. What is the process for reporting a defective product? This issue is reflected on these boards for years now. 

Best Answer
You can call them for a defective product and some people have been able to get a replacement (after they make you go through all the troubleshooting steps with them that you’ve already tried), but for the most part (from what I’ve heard) the replacement has the same problem and they won’t replace again. They know it’s a problem but refuse to acknowledge it. If you just purchased yours you may still be able to return it to the point of purchase (if you bought it from a store and not directly from Fitbit) and get a refund if you are still with in the stores return policy (usually 30 days). You could take your refund and put it towards a more reliable and honest brand.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I bought it pre-release, paid premium, used it...was ok for a short time
then it started the floor count mess...I've dumped fitbit, tossed their
piece of crap charge 3 and won't look back...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have moved on to Amazfit products. The Bip and the GTR are very good
trackers. They have built in GPS and the battery life of the Bip is over 25
days and the GTR is over 12 days.

Check them out.
Best Answer

My floors are wildly off! I've only had it for about 3 weeks and it was fine the first week. Now I literally roll out of bed and it says I have climbed one floor. My bed's not that high! I work at home in my basement right now I walked down two floors and put it in an 8 hour day and at the end of the day it's that I had climbed 60 floors! I'll try restarting but this is one of a few things that have been off. I also have the charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I "earned" my Castle Badge: apparently I climbed 200+ flights of stairs!  Captured a screenshot for evidence. Dang, I've been busy doing a whole lot of nothing. 

Garbage.

Screenshot_20210202-210233.png

Best Answer

My Sense gives me several hundred floors per day when only a few floors is reality. Here is my Fitbit a half hour after waking up; I have barely walked 250 steps in the bedroom and kitchen and it thinks I've already climbed 9 floors... Hopefully there is a fix?

And hopefully the erroneous floor count isn't inflating calories burned.

Screenshot_20210403-050949.png

Best Answer

HR3 is same.  Recorded 133 Floors yesterday just walking around a town that is completely flat. Have restarted multiple times with no luck. This is an every day issue.  I have 35 floors already today walking in the yard. Please can we get an update fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes