Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has stopped vibrating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 has stopped vibrating for all notifications. I've checked all settings on my Fitbit and phone and all is set correctly but still no vibration!!!

unhappy 😢

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
175 REPLIES 175

I'm having the same problem. Did the reset and saw the smiley face but still no vibrations and it's very frustrating.

Best Answer

Go to the settings on the Charge 3 itself, scroll down to sleep mode and press. Make sure both items are set to Off. This fixed my issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg 😳my Fitbit quit vibrating since I replaced the band(charge 3) ive tried everything! Except your answer and I’ll be darned if it vibrates now🤷‍:female_sign:😳😳😳😳thank you ! Have no clue what or why . Just thankful 😍

Best Answer

Glad it worked!

Best Answer

Very helpful. Thank you very much:-))

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @Gemgem82 Welcome to the community forums! 

I'm glad to know that the instructions provided by @Jmneves99, have helped to resolve your inquiries. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

I tried the reset for 8 seconds and got the same results. Smiley face. No Vibrations. I found some settings (on the Charge 3, not in the app) that includes Exercise Alerts ON/OFF and Do Not disturb ON/OFF.

To find it, looking at the watch face, swipe left a few times until you see "settings." Tap that. Then swipe up until you see Do Not Disturb. Tap that.

If Do Not Disturb is OFF, then Exercise Alerts is greyed out. If it is ON, then you can turn on and off Exercise Alerts. At least, that what my Charge 3 does.

I don't know if you have to both do the reset, then look for the settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I noticed 2 nights ago and again last night that my Fitbit Charge 3 did not vibrate at 10000 steps.  Then, I realized it was also not vibrating when I pressed the side button.  I have tried all of the suggestions offered: I restarted and got the smiley face, I went to settings and made sure sleep mode and schedule was off.  I even tried the suggestion of going to ‘countdown’ and setting it for a second then double tapping (very random but worth a try) ... none of these worked!  Any other suggestions or solutions would be welcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t know any other suggestions. I did the countdown at 1 second and let it count down . Nothing happened for about 5 seconds and then it started vibrating and has worked ever since.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to the settings on the Charge 3 itself, scroll down to sleep mode and press. Make sure both items are set to Off. This fixed my issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine in the exact same. I've tried everything and won't vibrate anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And make sure don't disturb is off.

This fixed my problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you to those who replied with suggestions - I appreciate that people took the time to weight in.  I have tried all the suggestions and unfortunately none work.  The vibrate mode on my Charge 3 appears to no longer function. I have had it a couple years, maybe it is possible they just wear out?  It’s frustrating but not the end of the world, obviously! 

Best Answer
I’m sorry nothing worked for you. I was ready to ditch mine and buy a new one until the countdown of one second worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I tried everything also and nothing worked. The only thing that finally worked was the countdown timer trick but I had to tap it really hard to get it to vibrate. I bet that the vibrator is getting stuck and the combination of being activated and tapping at the same time frees it up.

Best Answer

@sav123  Thank you SO much!!  I did the countdown trick again (after having done it about 30 times), but this time I tapped my Fitbit *really* hard and it worked!  The Fitbit started to vibrate immediately.  I had completely given up so I really appreciate you taking the time to weigh in!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried this:

This fixed my problem.

:

Best Answer

I have this same problem. Checked all settings. My charge 3 stopped vibrating after the firmware update. What can I do?

Thanks,

Best Answer

Have you tried this:

This fixed my problem.

:

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @lindapk Welcome to the community forums. @erikannie Nice to see you around and thanks for your great input. 

@lindapk Thank you for the detailed information and for the steps you've followed. If the instructions provided on the post above don't help, my best recommendation is that you please perform a long restart to your Charge 3. You can perform this, by following the steps below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If that doesn't work, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone and you can click here to get connected. 

Make sure to explain the inconvenience and the troubleshooting steps you've performed, this way they can assist you from there. 

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes