Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not getting call/text notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Charge 3 doesn’t notify me of text messages or phone calls from my Galaxy S9.

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jnico61 Welcome aboard to our Fitbit forums! Let me go ahead and share some helpful troubleshooting steps for the call/text notifications you've experienced with your Charge 3. By the way, i appreciate the time you took in troubleshooting this issue before getting in touch with our Community.

Please restart your Charge as described in this help article. After this, make sure that your phone has the most recent Fitbit app version installed and see if the issue gets fixed. Finally, let me know what is your phone's model.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
72 REPLIES 72

@Eyebrowlady Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is not getting call/text notifications from your Samsung Galaxy S9. Please try turning off the notifications. After this, reset your phone, open the app and turn on the notifications again. After you've done this, restart your Charge 3 as described in this help article.

Finally, sync your tracker and test some calls or text in order to see if it receives the notifications from your phone. Make sure that the Bluetooth is on as well.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

No text or phone call notifications from iPhone SE either.  The frustrating part is that all worked great initially, from 10/9 - 10/17, when the Charge 3 initially stopped syncing.  That's when the upgrade was released.  That by the way took me a phone call to customer support, since my Charge wouldn't even connect to my iPhone at this point!  

After update, the notifications for apps only worked, but no texts or calls.  

This morning, I have once again reset my Charge 3, reinstalled the upgrade, and restarted my phone. I'm in a 'wait and see what happens next' mode, but this is totally unacceptable, Fitbit!

I've owned Fitbits since 2011 ... I am really close to going to an Apple Phone, heaven forbid!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@amfisher32 Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is also having a hard time in getting text/call notifications. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums. I would like you to try one more workaround: Please turn off your phone's Bluetooth, then go to the Fitbit app and turn off the notifications. After this, restart your phone one more time, turn on the Bluetooth, then turn on the notifications in the Fitbit app and monitor your tracker if it receives call/text notifications again.

Let me know how it goes and I'll be happy to follow up! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having a problem with my Charge 3 not notifying me of text/calls, seems like everyday I have to restart phone, bluetooth and log out of app.  Very annoying it was one of the features I liked best!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jnico61 Welcome aboard to our Fitbit forums! Let me go ahead and share some helpful troubleshooting steps for the call/text notifications you've experienced with your Charge 3. By the way, i appreciate the time you took in troubleshooting this issue before getting in touch with our Community.

Please restart your Charge as described in this help article. After this, make sure that your phone has the most recent Fitbit app version installed and see if the issue gets fixed. Finally, let me know what is your phone's model.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reset and had spoken to customer service previously.  For the past few days seems problem is resolved.  I have an iphone 6

Best Answer

I tried everything recommended and it didn't work.  But I did get it to work with these steps:  I went to iPhone settings/notifications/messages, then clicked check mark on banners, then changed banner style to "persistent".  Then went to fitbit app and synced my tracker.  Then clicked on my tracker in the fitbit app, and clicked on notifications again.  It had me re-pair the bluetooth.  Boom it worked.

Best Answer

@jnico61 @jnico61 I'm glad to hear that the call/text notifications are working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here and sharing the steps that helped you to get this issue fixed.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you guys in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So one month later, 2 service calls over 1 hour each and my phone is still not receiving text notifications again.  I have an iphone 10 and the charge 3.  This is so disappointing!  From the message boards it doesn't look like this problem is going to be resolved anytime soon.  Please advise if there are any updates

Best Answer

@jnico61 Thank you for getting back! Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my charge 3 I cant read my text? Am getting insta and snap but not text , I have a note 9

Best Answer

Make sure “show previews” is set to “always” on your phones notifications settings. I was having the same issues and tried EVERYTHING. That finally fixed it for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Charge3 wont be paired with Bluetooth on my iPhone 6s. Same goes for All Day Sync. The message Bluetooth Pairing Failed comes up every time. I have restarted the watch twice after the user manual. So now I cant get any notifications.

Best Answer

I have a Samsung galaxy j3 emerge and have updated the newest version fitbit and still not able to get calls/texts 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Charge 3 doesn’t notify me of text messages or phone calls from my LG V30, it was working fine after changing the clock face i am getting this problem.

I followed all helpful troubleshooting steps but still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 does not receive notifications from my Samsung S7.

I tried everything on the site (except from removing all my bluetooth connections - are you crazy?) but nothing works. Restarted the phone at least 10 times and the fitbit also at least 2 times.

It all worked OK with the Charge 2 I had previously. I want this to work now too. I'm starting to regret getting the new Charge 3. Maybe I should have choosen the Samsung watch instead.

What any other possibilities to get this working?

Best Answer

I have the same issue. I cannot not receive text notifications on my fitbit charge 3. My notifications are on. However, when I go to App Notifications/Manage app notification on your wrist, I am not able to select Messages. Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

Best Answer

I managed to solve the problem by removing the fitbit from the app. Removing the app from the phone, rebooting the phone and re-installing the app and set-up the Charge 3. Maybe removing the Charge 3 and doing the set-up again would have helped too but I can't say for sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything in the Help Article Provided.

I have an iPhone SE and am able to receive call notifications, but not text/other app notifications. I did the 'Remove This Charge 3' setting and deleted the FitBit App and reinstalled it, went through the whole set up process again. Still able to just receive calls, but not text/other app notifications.

Maybe the text notification software is broken? Either way, sounds like nothing is fixing it at this point... pretty bummed. 😞

Best Answer