Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not getting text messages from iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since upgrading to Charge 3 I no longer get text messages from my I phone to the Charge 3

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
274 REPLIES 274

This worked for me after I was totally frustrated with my Charge 3 not showing texts from my iPhone. The huge step YOU MUST DO is Forget This Device, then re-pair it with your phone. You must go through the steps, making sure the message pops up that the device wants to pair with your phone. If that doesn't happen, then it won't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Showing previews when unlocked did solve the problem for me...but it defeats the purpose of having the message previews off. Still, that makes it seem more like an iOS thing than a Fitbit thing, so I guess for now I will turn message previews on...I have nothing to hide from anyone and the "off" setting is just a carry-over from years ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi unfortunately they will tell you to go though the settings on your phone and Fitbit app but the charge 3 won’t get text messages I’ve done everything they asked more times than i can remember  it happened from the an iPhone update a while back and Fitbit hasn’t caught up yet and dealt with the problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

Same problem with no text to email, however when following the posted instructions, when I'm in the Fitbit app, select Notifications, and Set Up when the popup appears.....nothing happens. So I can't proceed with the instructions. I've tried turning my phone off and on and now my phone is disconnected from the fitbit. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried every thing and though it has been like this now for over a year.  I feel as though I need to buy another one in order to get notifications on my FitBit.  This shouldn't be the case. I can get app notifications, still unable to get texts messages.  Is it an iPhone issue or FitBit?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having same issue and it’s so frustrating! I have paired and unpaired the device. Deleted and redownloaded snd checked all notification settings. No texts or call notifications no matter what I do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have deleted app, reloaded every thing and still nothing. I don't
understand by now why they have not fixed this issue and come up with a
solution. I feel like it is a tactic to get us to upgrade our FitBit
devices. I hope I'm wrong about this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone this is exactly the problem I had about 5 months ago and it’s a pain... but I got it working by repeatedly doing

Basically I forgot connection to Bluetooth and reconnected eventually!

I hard reset my iPhone several times to pair the HR with my phone again... took several attempts and then hard reset the HR in the watch itself by going into settings on the watch so as to avoid wiping the data on it or the app. I also went into notifications on my iPhone and set as per attached image. It took a lot of attempts and swearing but I eventually got it to work. I also went into Fitbit app and made sure I’d got latest version via App Store

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also

In notifications on your iPhone you need preview always set

hope this helps everyone... do t give up

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s got to a point now where I’m even considering going over to an Apple Watch at least that way I know it will all work 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the texts working by allowing “preview” message under notifications but STILL not getting call notifications. For $100+ this is a #fitbitfail

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alliek28  you might want to return and edit your post. You have your phone number on there and a website that has personal information on it. These forums are public and anyone can see what is posted here. It's best to be safe.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Need to figure out how to deleted that. I didn’t mean to post that thank you for letting me know 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I delete this? I didn’t mean to post my phone # ... the three dots in right hand corner doesn’t give me an option to delete. THANK You!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve even considered that myself. I’m a little disappointed that this
hasn’t been resolved.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alliek28  edit it. There should be a way for you to edit. I'll notify a moderator to edit this if you can't.

Best Answer

Thank you, I can’t seem to edit it...appreciate your help 🙂

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I notified them, but no idea what hours they work, @Alliek28   You just posted it again. You must have it set to automatically post your number and the website?

Best Answer
I just realized it’s bc I was replying via my email and that’s my signature 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:Oh well. Hopefully the moderator can help me out and delete it cause I have tried numerous times to edit and can’t figure it out. Thanks for your help.
Best Answer

On your post are three dots, pull down and the first option is Edit. Select that and you're back to the unedited post where you can change it.

Best Answer
0 Votes