Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not receiving notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone just start having trouble with their charge 3 not receiving texts or notifications? Tried everything. Turned off then On Bluetooth. Re sync charge 3 twice on my phone to my fit bit app. Anything else? It could be my phone too. It’s been giving me issues.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

i have the same problem. Looking forward to hearing from someone who can help. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem! I also can’t use all day sync!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Spaine53@StephPeddy and @laellis it's great to see you around.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue and recommend taking a look at the help article My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and follow the instructions provide there.

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the prompt reply, the problem has been solved.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Spaine53. I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Spaine53 How do you solved the problem?  I tried all the solution it still doesn't work!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Joey2018.

Have you tried the instructions I provided in my previous post? If you haven't, I recommend looking at it and follow the steps there.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried the steps and finally removing my charge 3 from the Fitbit ap and reinstalling worked!

Although I tried that before with no success! I think it was something in my settings which I corrected in doing all the other steps without realizing.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

two calls to the customer help center solved the problem. all is now doing well. thank you.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Spaine53 and @laellis.

I am glad to hear that your notifications issues has been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Happy stepping! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm coming from a Charge 2 HR. I've had this issue (not receiving texts, no vibrations/notification for hourly movement) happen occasionally on the Charge 2, maybe two or three times over the entire year that I owned it. I just got my Charge 3 this week and during the 4+ days I've owned the Charge 3 it has already happened 3 times. As with the Charge 2 HR, rebooting the FitBit device will fix the issue but I'm sad to see this happen so often and I've already missed several texts and movement milestones this week. I've enabled the setting "Notifications During Sleep" which was disabled to see if that helps as it seems to be an issue after sleeping/night time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been receiving notifications since it requested an updat before Xmas. Tried all the usual reboot reinstall restart. Thinking of sending it back. Very disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything.  I'm extremely disappointed in the Charge 3.  Have never received text notifications and now all other notifications have stopped.  Eventhough my setting are on and I've synced numerous times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Charge 3 yesterday, and am also very disappointed. I could have saved some money by just getting an Alta HR!  

None of the reccomened solutions have helped. 😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all of this and I still cannot notifications. I'm so sad 😥😥

Best Answer
0 Votes

Patrice, did anyone ever get back to you? Have you resolved your issue? I am in a similar boat and am about to toss my Charge 3 into a lake and buy an Apple watch! I have gone through the troubleshooting steps better than a dozen times (4 times today) and the notifications work for maybe an hour, then nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having that problem. Did they resolve it for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

No. I kept following the instructions until it worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes