Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with S7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 was synced fine with my Samsung s7 but suddenly won't sync. I tried unpairing and re pairing but it wont pair now. I tried with my old iPhone and it won't pair with that either. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

I am having the same problem and can generally get the synching to start working again with various combinations of suggestions but do not want to be doing this 2-3 times day. What's the solution please?

Best Answer

I'm happy to see you here guys, please receive a warm welcome to all new member of the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thanks for all the steps that you've tried with your Charge 3. I'll do my best to help you out with this! You can try to log out/in from the App or  restart "Bluetooth". Once you've done that to Force sync your tracker Tap on "Account" in the Fitbit App, then tap on your "Charge 3" picture and find the option "Sync now" to force sync.

Also check your phone Permissions and leave location on to keep syncing and getting notifications with your phone, for more info check this suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

If that doesn't work let's confirm some requirements that your phone and Charge 3 should have in order to successfully communicate:

Requirements:

• The phone must be bonded with their tracker
  • Bluetooth service must be turned on
  • For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • The software on your mobile device is updated. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update iOS for Android  Settings > About phone > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • Your tracker's battery should be fully charged.

If the syncing issue remains with a mobile device I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Charge 3 from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Charge 3 > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Hope this helps and welcome again! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. It works fine all day but the past two mornings upon waking it doesn't sync.  I fixed it 2 days ago by turning my bluetooth off and on but this morning it hasn't worked. Grrrr!

Best Answer

i have the same problem, stopped syncing a few days ago, have to reset it 2-3 times a day. Very frustrating to pay a premium price and get something that feels rushed and very cheap.

Best Answer
Since I disconnected mine from the app and then reconnected it, mine has
been fine... Fingers crossed... 🤞
Best Answer
How did you do this please? Did you lose data please?

Mel.
Best Answer
I lost my sleep data that hadn't yet synced but nothing else I think.
In the app I went to the Charge 3 and then deleted it from my account (I
think I must have used the trash icon to do that). I then added it again as
if it was a new device.
Best Answer
Thank you for your help. It seems to randomly sync even though set for all-day - it just synched 3 minutes ago having not synched since 7.30pm yesterday although the steps were up to date but sleep wasn't on there!

Mel.
Best Answer
Mine is working OK now. Fingers crossed it stays that way...
Best Answer

Thanks @LizN, I'm glad to see that you were able to make it sync, thanks for the tip! Cat Very Happy🤞

@SunsetRunner, @alex_1982 and @Mellievet would you mind checking those steps and confirm if this is working for you. Thank for your time and effort.

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Charge 3 from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Charge 3 > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Please check that both phone and Fitbit App are up to date. 

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a Samsung update that caused all of the sync issues. I noticed that some other bluetooth devices i have also struggled to connect. Fitbit released a new firmware two days ago that corrected this issue. (it still synced fine on my ipad so clearly a samsung update)

Non of the above steps that you mentioned worked.

Best Answer

Thanks for the heads up @alex_1982! I'll pass this information to our team. Sorry that those steps aren't working for you. Not sure if we might have to get a new update to solve this issues, but I will let you know as soon as I get some information.

Your help is greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Think you didn't understand. Fitbit already fixed this issue by releasing an update to the charge 3 itself. So no more help is needed

Best Answer

Thanks for the clarification @alex_1982Cat Embarassed

Please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. 

I dont' know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

Keep stepping around in the Forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry for the delay in replying - my phone got runover by a car so I had to get a new one and only just installed the fitbit app this evening - it has synched so far so fingers crossed!

Thank you for replying to our concerns, it's nice to know that our frustrations did not fall on deaf ears!

Mel.

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif] Virus-free. www.avast.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mellievet! Wow, sorry about what happened to your old phone. It is always a pleasure take care of our happy Fitbitters. Please feel free to come back at any time, our desire is to take care of each one of the members of our family. Heart

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other users! 

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm still having synching trouble with my new phone too. At the moment it says it hasn't synched since 21:56 yesterday but it says I've done 458 steps today so something must be getting through. It's really frustrating as I'm starting not to bother looking at data as I know I'l get frustrated if it's not up to date.

Mel.
Best Answer

You're right @Mellievet. This looks odd. Did you manually log activities? Please restart your Fitbit and keep checking how it behaves in the next days.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 fitbit stopped syncing with my Samsung 7 phone right after the Nov 4, 2018 firmware update.  I have tried deleting the app from my phone/reinstalling and removing from bluetooth(unpairing)/re-adding((re-pairing).  The re-pair just cycles without ever pairing.  

I have uninstalled the fitbit app again and tired of playing with it! Please help before I throw the fitbit in the trash.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mel, my C3 always syncs steps before any other data - something I observe on a daily basis. One more thing I noticed on my S9 phone... having POWER SAVING MODE ENABLED impacts syncing ability and overall connectivity dramatically. Was getting very frustrated with my C3 behavior when I was tracking activities with GPS connection - turned out it was Power Saving Mode that was causing all the trouble. Once I disabled it, overall syncing and connectivity to phone/GPS have improved dramatically. Also, would like to mention it just in case... location should be enabled in the app to improve syncing (there's a red error message popping up in the app if it's not enabled - mentioning it just in case). 

Best Answer
0 Votes