Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not tracking steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My 3rd day and now it did not record my steps

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

I have restarted my charge 3 three times in three weeks. It will track steps and then stop tracking them. Should I return for a replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! This is very frustrating when it happens. I have spent hours with
support and ended up in the same boat. Only when they sent a new one did
the problem resolve.

Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Since I have had this one for 2 months I would think they would just send an RA to exchange this one for a new one 

Rick O'Neill
“Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.”
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response. I was wondering what was up with mine. Your answer was clear and I so appreciate. Thanks 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update. After emails with Fitbit support I reached out to Amazon where I purchased my charge3. Even though I was out of their return window by 30 days they gave me a full refund including shipping for the return. I did in turn purchase a charge4 from them in good faith. I’m disappointed Fitbit didn’t step up to the plate with an exchange or upgrade offer since it was their defective product. I was just offered many ways to remedy the issue which didn’t offer a permanent fix. Amazon wins in my mind. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope..Fitbit refuses to take responsibility for their defective tracker.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Did not help, tried this twice, still does not track steps.  Very frustrating.  This seems to be a problem with this edition of Fitbit.  Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The big that the Charge 3 no longer tracks any movement is not fixed so far as I know.  I also have been given the case number.  It has become a fitness tracker that does not track.  If I try to track a walk, it will not connect to my phone at all.  If I track a bike ride it connects but then reports a stupidly small distance.  Today's ride was tracked by the person I rode with as 27.5Km and my Fitbit said 0.01 miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

9/14/21 black screen several times past week. Resolved with reboot, updated Firmware 2 days ago, now only watch feature works. No longer tracks steps or sleep. Even unpaired from bluetooth, deleted app, reset device. Is there any hope to resolve this or is it time again for another device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If u use the charging clip, it has an opening at the recessed button on the left. Through this opening, press & hold. I use a pen. I cant do this with my charger stand.

Best Answer
0 Votes