Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 "Sleep not tracked"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Fitbit Charge 3 for almost 2 weeks, wearing it consistently, however the sleep tracker has never worked (nor has the water indictor). It is a new device, all updates are current, I have tried manually syncing and restarting the Fitbit but despite the app showing sleep details, my Fitbit Charge continues to show “sleep not tracked”.  I have read numerous “solutions” on here but none appear to work. Is it time to get my money back?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

I have this issue as well. I purchased my Fitbit Charge 3 on 26th December last year and wear it constantly. Firmware is updated. It syncs sleep data to the app, but shows "sleep not tracked" on the device. Minor, but frustrating. I returned the first watch and received another, but the second watch does this too. It's clearly a bug that needs fixing, yet over 2 months on there's still nothing from Fitbit. I've read all the relevant forums, but none of the suggested fixes have helped. Coincidentally, I have a family member with this watch and they don't have the problem - theirs shows sleep data on the screen. So... I guess those of us with the issue just have to live with it.

Best Answer

So it’s now March and still no solution. I first posted in November, so that’s now 5 months... unfortunately it doesn’t appear that there will be a solution anytime soon. (@MarreFitbit hasn’t commented since November either!)

Disappointing that such a well-known product still continues to have this fault. 

It’s time for Fitbit to cease including “sleep tracker” in their list of features. It may show in the app but it has never been visible on my device.

Best Answer

Same issue here. Bought Charge 3 special edition on release. Have never been able to view tracked sleep on the device. Always says 'Sleep not tracked'. Has been this way for months. I've opened numerous support cases with Fitbit who parrot the usual 'we are aware of the problem and are working on a solution'. 

In short. They don't care. Don't count on a fix any time soon.

Was my first Fitbit device and I'll never purchase one again.

Best Answer
@bosbefok. Agreed. I love my Charge 3 (the waterproofing won me over), but
with persistent issues like this, I'll probably switch back to Garmin for
my next device. Garmin at least have excellent support for their devices,
and any identified issues result in prompt fixes.
Best Answer

Hi ya, thanks for this tip. I've just tried it and it's synced. Let me sleep and see what happens in the morrow. Cheers.

Now to solve the water and weight not showing as well....LOL

Best Answer

@ZifK. @MarreFitbit is the moderator/rep for this thread; however, she seems to have abandoned it - much like Fitbit's support for this device. 

Best Answer

Hi @Donoban@Larkster, @SunsetRunner, @Lapvol@bosbefok, and @ZifK! Sorry for the late response. I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this "Sleep not Tracked" issue by yourselves. Our team is aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've resolved the issue with my Charge 3 (purchased in December 2018)... I returned it for a full refund.

Thankfully, my country (New Zealand) has fantastic consumer protection laws. Despite my device now being several months old, I was able to return it due to the 'sleep not tracked' issue.

This is because the Charge 3 is not functioning as intended - it is not 'fit for purpose'. Most importantly, this is an inherent issue with the hardware and/or firmware, which Fitbit have been aware of from the beginning but have neglected to resolve in any sort of timely manner (or at all).

To bolster my return claim, this is my second Charge 3 that's experienced this issue - I had exchanged the first one soon after purchase for this very same reason. I also explained to the shop assistant that this is a very widespread issue, with numerous Fitbit Community forum threads.

I really wanted to like Fitbit, I gave them a good chance, but now I'm back with Garmin (new device purchased with my refund). Sorry to say, I wont be recommending Fitbit as a brand. Good luck everyone.

For what it's worth, there's a much more active forum thread on this topic here: 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/quot-Sleep-not-tracked-quot-on-Charge-3/m-p/3349495#M49936

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner! Sorry to hear you go. Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My sleep tracked fine on my Charge 3 until March 16, then it suddenly stopped dead and has not worked since. I also note that all my heart rate graphs stopped, although it still show the daily average greyed out and just dashes at the same time.

I have followed several threads and tried everything, nothing worked. I noticed one thread said a similar problem was resolved, but could find no resolution. 

I got the charge 3 after my previous fitbit died after a year because of the waterproof property. The sleep tracking was useful, but I see there have been problems from the start and they still are unresolved.

Best Answer

Hello there @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see you around here! Thanks a lot for following the tips and recommendations provided in the Community Forums. I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. All of a sudden it hasn't appeared to have synced the last two days of info, even though it says it was synced. The last two days, I apparently have had no heart rate and haven't been sleeping either.. which is weird, cuz on the tracker, I was watching my heart rate while I was running, and then I know I went to sleep and woke up multiple times over the weekend. Suggestions on fixing this would be helpful- there seem to be way too many threads to follow and navigate regarding these issues.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @mipatterson! Thanks for the details provided about your sleep data not being synced.

While reading your post I was wondering if your sleep data was missing from the Fitbit Charge 3 or the Fitbit app after syncing? 

As you may know, sleep stages are based on heart rate data, so make sure that you're getting a solid heart rate reading , since sleep stages requires consistent HR. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight. Also, double check that your watch is charged up. 

Additionally, I'd recommend checking the following that could be preventing you from receiving sleep stages:

• If you used the "Begin Sleep Now" option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern. 

If after testing the above suggestions for the next couple of nights your Charge 3 is still not giving your sleep stages, I'd recommend doing the following steps:

1. Manually sync the tracker. See instructions in How do Fitbit trackers sync their data?
2. Restart your Fitbit device. See instructions in How do I restart my tracker?
3. Try sleeping with the tracker on your non-dominant hand. 
4. If steps 1-3 don't work, I suggest to manually log sleep to reflect the time slept. See instructions in How do I change my sleep history?

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all of these suggestions. Sleep not tracked has been on my device since purchase. While the app shows the recording, the watch NEVER has. Either it is faulty or ,as I suspect, it is a ongoing issue with most devices. In either case, it is false advertising. The device does not show what it advertises.

Leesa
Best Answer

Thanks for continued efforts.  None have worked for me.  It would be no big deal but tracking sleep (I'm retired) is a feature I was counting on.  

If Sleep is tracked on some Charge 3 devices and not on others, I would like a replacement.

Best Answer

I purchased my Charge 3 in November, and my sleep history (and patterns) have been syncing to the app just fine (I don't know how it has displayed on the device itself, as I never check that).

Recently, though, there have been hiccups in the information that has synced.....for instance, last night's sleep record shows up in the app, but not the two nights prior.  Usually when that occurs, the duration detail and graph appears when I manually enter start and end times.  But when I did the manual entry today, the app displayed a solid block of sleep with no detail re light and deep sleep.

Like other device users, I have reset, deleted and added the device, though none of those steps has resolved the issue.

Best Answer

Hello @Lapvol  and @Larkster, thanks for stopping by! In regards to the "Sleep not Tracked" message on the Charge 3 itself, as mentioned above, our team is aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Hey there @ltlsue! Thanks for letting me know you've already tried what has been suggested in this thread to get your sleep data.

While reading your post I was wondering if you stopped syncing your device on April 7th and 8th? Can you please check in your Fitbit app is you're missing any other data besides sleep?

I'm looking forward to your response.

Best Answer

I have a fitbit charge 3 that is not showing sleep.  Purchased Feb. 2019.  I just thought it didn't do that but I see others are sharing it as a problem.  I can see sleep record on phone and computer but not on the actual fitbit. 

Best Answer

Whoa.  I am sad to hear that it reverted back.  I haven't had this fitbit very long and I find all these problems very disheartening.  I do find it uncomfortable to sleep with.  I did try your solution about the heart rate and so far it is working. It showed last night's sleep so thanks very much for that advice!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I generally don’t miss more than a day between syncs. The sleep detail and graphic presentation for the days are the only things I’ve ever noted as missing.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes