Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 red light on the back

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 3 died. Charged it but still not responsive. Red light at back of watch.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

A warm welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your tracker. Have you tried to restart your device? If you haven't, I recommend restarting it by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Thank you for your reply.
I have followed the instructions to restart my tracker. It vibrates but
nothing happens on the screen. No battery sign. No smiley face.
Best Answer

Thanks for the update @SunsetRunner.

If the restart process doesn't work, I recommend changing your clock face by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

Keep me posted. Smiley Very Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Hi

My tracker is working again. Yay!
But the red light on the back is not turning off at all. I have rebooted it
and changed my clock face aswell.
Any advice please, because my battery only lasts half a day.

Thank you.
Best Answer

Hi, 

was this issue resolved? 

I am having similar issues with my charge 3 and have restarted it a few times. 

Thanks 

Best Answer
Hi.

I have sent mine in for repairs as it had a faulty screen aswell. Did the
red light go away after you have reset the charge?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue.  I've been told I'd be contacted and am still waiting to hear from Fitbit via email.  My Charge 3 is only 4 1/2 months old and suddenly went bezerk

Best Answer
I went back to the retail store I bought mine from, and they sent it away,
and in the end they gave me a brand new one.
I had mine only 3 months when it started giving me problems. Hope you get
sorted soon.
Best Answer

I am also having the same problem. Not getting anywhere with customer support! Only had my charge 3 for 10 months and it has gave me nothing but bother. 

Best Answer
That is really sad. I truly hope my 2nd one does not give any trouble.
Isn't there some consumer act you can report to?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. The red light doesn’t go away after rebooting the device. I even disconnected the device from the app and set up as a new device, still no luck. 

If I wear the Fitbit, it is showing unusually high heart rate and active minutes. 

Best Answer
The retail store I bought mine from gave me a new one, after they have sent
it in.
Got the new one for 2 months now. Fingers crossed.
If for any reason there is problems again I am getting a refund.

Hope you get yours sorted.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue as well.  Red light on which drains the battery very fast and incorrect heart rate readings.  I chatted with Fitbit support and they are sending me a replacement.  The support person said that there was nothing I could do to fix it.

Best Answer

Thanks Jeff.

i called them multiple times and also sent them an email. They keep telling me to reboot the device. 

Best Answer
I am really glad they assisted you. I went back to the stockist and they
supplied me with a new one aswell after sending it away.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just sent an email to customer support, experienced red light issue tonight. I felt a burning sensation on my wrist, and noticed the red light flickering. I removed the device and notice the screen eventually went blank. Have some safety concerns, not sure if it is the battery. Do not want the device to explode, or catch fire. I cannot turn it off. I am putting it in a glass case for now, while awaiting a response from customer support.

Best Answer

The phone call with the customer support didn’t help, but the chat did. The person asked me to return the device as it is still under warranty. They will send me a new device in a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, thanks for your participation in the Community.

@Buffalo-Soldier, it's great to hear that you sent an email to our support team regarding the issue you are experience with your Charge 3. Since you have already contacted them, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further assistance. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

In the meantime, I suggest taking off the device and check our wear and care page.

@Aparna_N, those are great news. I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a replacement. At the moment of receiving it, you can follow the instructions provided in the help article: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to set it up.

I will see you around. Man Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 died on my yesterday. Just a red light showing with my screen blank. I've tried to restart but it doesn't work and it's useless to change clock faces since the app doesn't want to connect and synch at all. I have emailed customer support and am waiting for their reply.

Best Answer